Recommend a short trip....


Status
Not open for further replies.

jsbn

Senior Member
Jul 24, 2002
2,944
0
0
Planet Eropagnis
#3
Taiwan? Not very conventional, but its still away frm Singapore and flight's there only abt 6hrs. Morning fly, afternoon reach. Fool around for like 3.5 days and u fly back again.
 

jsbn

Senior Member
Jul 24, 2002
2,944
0
0
Planet Eropagnis
#4
Vietnam? Cambodia? Philippines?

I was thinking along the lines of Perth & Tokyo as well, but unless u're thoroughly familiar with the place (or u'd done lotsa homework beforehand), u can't see or shoot much for 4 days.
 

blurboiboi

Senior Member
Jan 8, 2003
6,242
0
36
38
Loyang
blurboiboi.instantlogic.com
#5
jsbn said:
Taiwan? Not very conventional, but its still away frm Singapore and flight's there only abt 6hrs. Morning fly, afternoon reach. Fool around for like 3.5 days and u fly back again.
yah... i am thinking of Taipei... but would 4 days be sufficient??...
is it better to go on a backpack or guided tour??...
what you mean by "fooling around"?..:p
 

csy

Member
Mar 14, 2004
457
0
16
In exile
#6
Cambodia.

Angkor Wat, The Bayon in Angkor Thom and Ta Phrom (famous Tomb Raider scene) are sights to behold. Lots of photo opportunity.

Not expensive as well. JetStarAsia has a promotion going on now too. Guesthouses are cheap there (as low as US$2 to US$4). Transport and food (delicious!) are easy to find. It is possible to spend less than S$500 for a relatively comfortable 5-days stay there.

U can pm me if you want some details.
 

jsbn

Senior Member
Jul 24, 2002
2,944
0
0
Planet Eropagnis
#7
blurboiboi said:
yah... i am thinking of Taipei... but would 4 days be sufficient??...
is it better to go on a backpack or guided tour??...
what you mean by "fooling around"?..:p
Erm.... dun get me wrong, I'm not referring to finding the 'poultry' kind of 'fooling around' :bsmilie:

Anyway, have u been to Taipei before? If u haven't, maybe u can try a guided package tour. I believe Chan Brothers got this 4 day tour package thing on their last travel show 2wks ago. U can call 'em up and ask. It all depends on hw adventurous u are.

Personally, I prefer to walk around alone.... kinda like a backpack.
 

DT_

New Member
Nov 4, 2005
883
0
0
#8
jsbn said:
I'm not referring to finding the 'poultry' .........

ducks? :bsmilie: ... beware of bird flu though... :bsmilie: :thumbsup:
 

Chiang

New Member
Feb 17, 2005
153
0
0
Bedok
#9
DT_ said:
ducks? :bsmilie: ... beware of bird flu though... :bsmilie: :thumbsup:

chicken cannot meh ?? :bsmilie:
 

jsbn

Senior Member
Jul 24, 2002
2,944
0
0
Planet Eropagnis
#10
Go find, but eye see hand no touch.
Hand touch, backside pain.

In this case, its not backside pain. It will be ur whole body pain and die. :bsmilie:
 

Lenscapes

New Member
Apr 28, 2004
942
0
0
#11
jsbn said:
Erm.... dun get me wrong, I'm not referring to finding the 'poultry' kind of 'fooling around' :bsmilie:

Anyway, have u been to Taipei before? If u haven't, maybe u can try a guided package tour. I believe Chan Brothers got this 4 day tour package thing on their last travel show 2wks ago. U can call 'em up and ask. It all depends on hw adventurous u are.

Personally, I prefer to walk around alone.... kinda like a backpack.
but alot of time this package are 2-to-go. so going alone will be more expensive, right?
 

jsbn

Senior Member
Jul 24, 2002
2,944
0
0
Planet Eropagnis
#12
Hmm.... yeah. Maybe the price for a 2-to-go is like.... $900? And we're prolly looking at $1200 for a lone warrior? :dunno:

Might as well backpack I feel.
 

GDSNP

New Member
Dec 17, 2003
513
0
0
39
Australia
www.flickr.com
#13
jsbn said:
Hmm.... yeah. Maybe the price for a 2-to-go is like.... $900? And we're prolly looking at $1200 for a lone warrior? :dunno:

Might as well backpack I feel.
4 days backpack for $1200??!!! :bigeyes: :bigeyes:
New backpacking style I guess.. For that money, I think u can even hire a Sherpa to chaperone u.. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
 

jsbn

Senior Member
Jul 24, 2002
2,944
0
0
Planet Eropagnis
#14
Well, dat's prolly for the tour packages. Dun quote me. Those are a guess figure. :bsmilie:
 

boroangel

New Member
Apr 23, 2005
431
0
0
#15
7 to 8 days package to Taiwan would cost from $800...excluding taxes.....if just 4 days... much lower.......but if u speak mandarin can easily go there free and easy...

Or can go climb Mt Kinabalu...4 days is just nice...the usual time people take...
 

csy

Member
Mar 14, 2004
457
0
16
In exile
#16
csy said:
Cambodia.

Angkor Wat, The Bayon in Angkor Thom and Ta Phrom (famous Tomb Raider scene) are sights to behold. Lots of photo opportunity.

Not expensive as well. JetStarAsia has a promotion going on now too. Guesthouses are cheap there (as low as US$2 to US$4). Transport and food (delicious!) are easy to find. It is possible to spend less than S$500 for a relatively comfortable 5-days stay there.

U can pm me if you want some details.
LENS, I can't PM you the details you wanted. Your msg boxes are full.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom