Recommend a Prosumer for travelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry2308

Aug 30, 2005
Kembangan
Am considering between the Canon Powershot S3IS,Panasonic Fz7 and the Sony H2.

Can any pros give me some expert opinion.

i want to use it mainly for travelling.

KNIGHT ONG said:
your D50 and kit lens good enough liao .. ;)

think he wanted something lighter and smaller than D50 but better than F11

Canon IXUS800IS or wait for A710IS. good stuff :thumbsup:

FujiFilm 5600 or if you can wait, the new 6500.
Fast start up,no shutter lag, high ISO, plus the ability to take RAW and relatively cheap.

Ya,want something that is lighter than D50 but with manual controls..

Is the noise really bad for the Canon S3IS?

no no no.. S3 IS is good .. i used it and picked up it's functions quite easily during my trip to the UK

Yep, I bought S3 for my June trip to London & Paris. And I glad I bought it. I brought Ixus i zoom along too, but end up using S3 for most of the trip.

S3 would be a good choice as it had much better improvements over S2.
while FZ7 is rather disappointing in terms of improvement over its smaller brother FZ5.
H2 would perform better of the 3 in terms of noise performance.

Simon_84 said:
S3 would be a good choice as it had much better improvements over S2.
while FZ7 is rather disappointing in terms of improvement over its smaller brother FZ5.
H2 would perform better of the 3 in terms of noise performance.

Morning all,

newbie here too, just curious, since u guys were on Canon's S3 vs Panasonic's FZ7...

I was considering getting a new Canon S3, understand it allows for certain manual controls (something my current P&S Kodak doesn't...) cos always had faith in Canon cameras, but was quite impressed with Panasonic's MEGA O.I.S... so was looking at the new FZ50...

Mainly concerned over Panasonic's infamous "noise" problem... but Canon does not have any stability assistance like MEGA O.I.S. yeah?

Can any of the seniors here enlighten me, pls?

Thank you,
Eric

cire07 said:
Morning all,

newbie here too, just curious, since u guys were on Canon's S3 vs Panasonic's FZ7...

I was considering getting a new Canon S3, understand it allows for certain manual controls (something my current P&S Kodak doesn't...) cos always had faith in Canon cameras, but was quite impressed with Panasonic's MEGA O.I.S... so was looking at the new FZ50...

Mainly concerned over Panasonic's infamous "noise" problem... but Canon does not have any stability assistance like MEGA O.I.S. yeah?

Thank you,
Eric
Canon's IS works similarly to Panasonic's MEGA O.I.S.

cire07 said:
Morning all,

Thank you,
Eric

not a senior here but i do know panasonic is well known for being noisy due to its small chip size not to mention i own a pana as well.
so its low light performance is really not that good as ISO 400 is unuseable.
while ISO 200 still seems okay.
in terms of canon IS and panny O.I.S i think they pretty much offer the same stability.

:thumbsup: Canon S3 IS, but body build quality very plastic, 4way button no good

jerry2308 said:
Am considering between the Canon Powershot S3IS,Panasonic Fz7 and the Sony H2.

Can any pros give me some expert opinion.

i want to use it mainly for travelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.