Recommend a PnS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klose

Feb 15, 2005
Don't know much about digital PnSs :bsmilie: Any good cams for less than $400? Just simple snapshots nothing too demanding... TIA :sweat:

F11 going at 399, check w MS Color, not sure if comex promo is over or price still remain so.

Was thinking of getting it at CP. :)

Check out Canon Powershot A610 or A620 (they are both the same except the resolution: A610 having 5 MP and A620 having 7 MP). Tilt & swivel LCD. Good battery life and they use AA NiMH rechargable batteries. Manual exposure mode. Macro mode down to about 1 cm. For their features and performance, IMO these models are one of the more bang for your buck cameras that are available on the market right now. Their prices should have gone down further now. I think they are around $400 now.

If you don't need the tilt & swivel LCD or the ability to use manual exposure mode, you might want to look into the Canon IXUS series. The new IXUS (sorry, I forgot the model number) even has a built-in IS (Image Stabilization). The IXUS series cameras are usually smaller, but more expensive.

SilentWave said:
Check out Canon Powershot A610 or A620 (they are both the same except the resolution: A610 having 5 MP and A620 having 7 MP). Tilt & swivel LCD. Good battery life and they use AA NiMH rechargable batteries. Manual exposure mode. Macro mode down to about 1 cm. For their features and performance, IMO these models are one of the more bang for your buck cameras that are available on the market right now. Their prices should have gone down further now. I think they are around $400 now.

If you don't need the tilt & swivel LCD or the ability to use manual exposure mode, you might want to look into the Canon IXUS series. The new IXUS (sorry, I forgot the model number) even has a built-in IS (Image Stabilization). The IXUS series cameras are usually smaller, but more expensive.

So many functions :sweat: Actually it needs to be idiot proof for the girlfriend :bsmilie:

Klose said:
So many functions :sweat: Actually it needs to be idiot proof for the girlfriend :bsmilie:
For a girl she'll definitely like the Olympus Mju-mini DIGITAL S.
Check this out... http://www.olympusimage.com.sg/products/dica/mju/1174026_668.html

I'm not so sure about the price though. Do a check with CP.

Take a look at the Sony or even Casio. Most of my lady friends like the slim and slick design of the Sony and Casio range.

IXUS series is good. :D

otherwise nikon coolpix slim series or sony slim can also consider. good makers for P&S

Thanks for the feedback... getting a pns is so much harder than a dslr :bsmilie:

on top of canon ixus, sony Txx series, Casio Sxxx series or Nikon Sx series..
can try panasonic lumix series as well..

not the thinnest camera around but quite attractive to ladies too ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.