Recommend a photo printer that is cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.

plasma

Nov 22, 2003
Ithaca, NY, USA
Visit site
Hi

Which photo printers come cheap and have cheap inks (one ink for each colour) and could print paper weights as high as 160gms?

copier paper at 160gsm or photo paper? iirc photo paper easily exceed 170gsm... :dunno:

paiseh, i got my numbers wrong.

Recently i loaded a 250gms paper into my 3in1 printer and the printer almost spoil - the printer head collide with the surface of the paper. :(

So now I am looking for photo printers that could print on photo papers as thick as 250 gms.
Any reccommendations?

paiseh, i got my numbers wrong.

Recently i loaded a 250gms paper into my 3in1 printer and the printer almost spoil - the printer head collide with the surface of the paper. :(

So now I am looking for photo printers that could print on photo papers as thick as 250 gms.
Any reccommendations?
:think: Canon pixma should be able to do so... their photo paper plus glossy is rated 270gsm...

Errr..., I think general photography chat should be revise to general forum not only for photography....

Regards,
Arto.

Not sure about paper weights - but i think the Epson R230 would be a good choice for less than $200. I have been using a R210 for some time and will probably switch to the R230 when my ink supply runs out.

Status
Not open for further replies.