Recommend a photo album s/w

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gtan

Hi all,

this might be a bit out of topic, but I was wondering if there is any software (freeware best) that allows you to create some sort of photo album?

I was thinking non-proprietry, e.g. maybe create thumbnails of pictures, and display original picture with comments. Maybe all done in HTML.

Originally posted by localhost
Try this, a simple yet easy to setup gallery less then 5 files. Just upload to the folders and your picture will be displayed in thumbnail form and users can click the image to enlarge it!

http://www.hotscripts.com/Detailed/14621.html
sorry hah...quite a comuter illiterate...:( downloaded liao, but wad to do after that?:dunno:

Originally posted by bearycute

sorry hah...quite a comuter illiterate...:( downloaded liao, but wad to do after that?:dunno:
u need a webserver with php enabled to install the script. ;)

Another alternative is FlipAlbum .

But is the thread starter looking for an online photo album?

I'm not exactly looking for an online photo album.

Ok, I was thinking of storing them. But I don't want to use some s/w that creates a 400mb datafile. I would rather they maybe come with some EXE file and maybe a folder where all the text/photos are stored.

Hence I thought the best was to have some s/w where they auto generate the HTML and has the tools to automate creation of thumbnails. This way, I can put in on a CD or online. All the person needs to view them is a web browser.

Anyway, I've found something thats nice. Album Express. Too bad its a 30 day trial.

Anyone know of something similar to Album Express?

Originally posted by gtan
I'm not exactly looking for an online photo album.

Ok, I was thinking of storing them. But I don't want to use some s/w that creates a 400mb datafile. I would rather they maybe come with some EXE file and maybe a folder where all the text/photos are stored.

Hence I thought the best was to have some s/w where they auto generate the HTML and has the tools to automate creation of thumbnails. This way, I can put in on a CD or online. All the person needs to view them is a web browser.

Anyway, I've found something thats nice. Album Express. Too bad its a 30 day trial.

Anyone know of something similar to Album Express?

Sounds exactly like Gallery, except the online part. ;p

I use ACDSee 4.0. Hopefully, I can get my hands on ACDSee 5.0.

It would be interesting how it compares with Adobe Photoalbum.

go n download, then apply patch....become free.....this is what i'm do....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.