Status
Not open for further replies.

EiRiK

Mar 2, 2003
North
www.eiriktan.com
hi
can recommend a good P&S of about $800?
no brand preference, for general shooting.

some1 told me a new fuji not bad but i forgot the model #.

thanks every1.

you want ultra zoom ones, then i recommend you taking the...

Canon Powershot S3 IS
Fujifilm FinePix S6500

dun bother considering the oly sp-550uz, it's not as good as the two mentioned above.

if already have an investment in SD cards, or don't like the idea of using xD cards, the Fujifilm F40fd, which accepts both xD and SD cards...

its not for me actually.

think my friend doesnt have any camera now so memory card should be a problem

ok will look into these few models

thanks guys

hi
can recommend a good P&S of about $800?
no brand preference, for general shooting.

some1 told me a new fuji not bad but i forgot the model #.

thanks every1.

It would be better to check with your friend what is his/her requirements, cos for $800, there are 1001 models to choose from! ;p

Is he looking for simple straightforward P&S, or would he prefer more controls throw in. Other considerations like portability, ease of use, preference on memory card type, heavy in night-shoot etc etc.

F31D, another pns cam highly recommended by www.dpreview.com, there is a full review on this cam as well. PC show is coming.. Maybe there are packages avaliable. hehe

It would be better to check with your friend what is his/her requirements, cos for $800, there are 1001 models to choose from! ;p

Is he looking for simple straightforward P&S, or would he prefer more controls throw in. Other considerations like portability, ease of use, preference on memory card type, heavy in night-shoot etc etc.

just general shooting, not photo enthusiasts, no need so many considerations.
no memory card type or Mp requirements. just can take decent pix ok liao.
thanks anyway.

Well, the f40 has a lot less features and functions than the f31d, and costs more.. so it's like you're paying more for less features.

I'd personally recommend the Ricoh Caplio GX100 if your budget is about $800.. it's about $820 I think and has a very nice range - 24-74.. and really good macro mode. Damn nice to hold and looks sexy too. I just got one for myself last week :)

can afford to wait for Sigma DP1? 1 more choice for consideration

How abt Nikon P5000 at abt $520 ? Quite cheap i thought. It is well built. Feels solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.