recommend a new tripod for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr34mc4st3r

May 2, 2003
Singapore
www.konvergestudio.com
have been using my slik u8000 for a long time with my canon a70.

however recently i bought the KM 5D and my tripod seemed to be struggling to hold my camera steady.

any users come from the same problem as mine? what tripod and head you all bought eventually? searched clubsnap and it seemed most buy manfrotto tripods, is that brand more reliable? my budget is around 150-200 max

thanks and have a good week ahead!:thumbsup:

Pepper said:
Get Manfrotto 190DB

Agreed, the 190 with the 141RC head is good stability at reasonable price.

But for travelling (non-photographic trip), you really wouldn't want to bring it with you... (maybe I'm just weak :))

drake336 said:
Agreed, the 190 with the 141RC head is good stability at reasonable price.

But for travelling (non-photographic trip), you really wouldn't want to bring it with you... (maybe I'm just weak :))

Why not a Velbon? Very light and sturdy, except SG no distributor, so no support.
http://www.velbon.com

East Gear @ Peninsula do carry some Velbon tripods. U could check it out.

im using this

slik 330DX - $80 2nd hand from CS B&S forum
manfrotto 486rc2 - $75 from cathay.
sold my 330DX head for $30

total $125.

if you just get the 330DX new, it's around $120 with a PAN HEAD. good enough. i love the weight and feel of the tripod. not too heavy, but certainly no pushover (no pun intended ;p )

Isaiahfortythirtyone said:
im using this

slik 330DX - $80 2nd hand from CS B&S forum
manfrotto 486rc2 - $75 from cathay.
sold my 330DX head for $30

total $125.

if you just get the 330DX new, it's around $120 with a PAN HEAD. good enough. i love the weight and feel of the tripod. not too heavy, but certainly no pushover (no pun intended ;p )

ah, thanks! i just received a quote from CP today..heh, i get what you mean by 'no pushover' ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.