Recommend a more portable camera for video recording / pictures with wifi function

kultchris

Jan 28, 2004
hello guys,

I've been away from the photography scene for a couple of years so kinda lost touch.

Am into food photography and video recording recently so wondering if you guys have any good recommendations for a camera.

My requirements for the camera :

1. Good video recording capability with sound function
2. Good picture quality
3. Preferably not too heavy (had a Canon DSLR few years back - Canon EOS 550D with 18-55 lens. Its a good camera but find it a little too heavy to carry around)
4. Below $1000 (if possible) . Also open to other models above $1000.

Thank you guys in advance !

Actually most interchangeable lens cameras nowadays can fit your criteria quite well. If you're used to the Canon interface maybe can consider their EOS M mirrorless series. Or if you want smaller size can consider the micro four thirds cameras from Panasonic or Olympus.

PC Show is currently on till Sunday. Can go down for hands-on for the various brands (*ahem* then go to the usual camera shops may get better deals *ahem*)

In my opinion, Nikon D5500 will fulfill your all requirements. Nikon D5500 has the latest features and it is less expensive. It gives better image quality, better video, larger screen, and many other good features. But everyone has their own opinion. I am a wedding and pre-wedding photographer in Delhi. I have to travel to other countries frequently. So, I prefer lightweight and advance cameras first. Nikon D5500 has a touchscreen feature this feature helps me a lot on big occasions like weddings, pre-wedding, ring ceremonies, etc.

Moderation Note: please refrain from advertising in your postings.

Last edited by a moderator: