Status
Not open for further replies.

extreme2

Jan 18, 2002
Lion City
extreme2.clubsnap.org
AF Zoom-Micro Nikkor 70-180mm f/4.5-5.6D ED

Have anyone use this lens before?

How's the performance and is it worth to get?

AFMICRO70-180.jpg
:embrass:

Does anyone know how much is it selling locally?

Saw a classified ad from offstone somewhere around Jan'02 selling the lens for $750.00

About S$1350 by Cathay Photo. The advantage of this lens is that you can change the magnification by zooming. With fixed prime (105mm or 60mm or 200mm), you have to move your lens/camera/tripod further or closer to change magnification, and refocus again.

One reason I don't like this lens is because it is a slow lens...if Nikon produce a f/2.8 micro lens...then it would be great!

Originally posted by Kho King
About S$1350 by Cathay Photo. The advantage of this lens is that you can change the magnification by zooming. With fixed prime (105mm or 60mm or 200mm), you have to move your lens/camera/tripod further or closer to change magnification, and refocus again.

One reason I don't like this lens is because it is a slow lens...if Nikon produce a f/2.8 micro lens...then it would be great!

I agreed with u. But if Nikon really produce such lens with f/2.8 and w/AFS. It will cost at least 2.5k to 3k. :dent:

Originally posted by extreme2

I agreed with u. But if Nikon really produce such lens with f/2.8 and w/AFS. It will cost at least 2.5k to 3k. :dent:

If this lens is f/2.8, cost < $2K, then it will be a good contender to the AF 80-200 f2.8D ED. But like other macro lenses, I think focus speed will take a hit as macro lenses have a very long focus throw.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

If this lens is f/2.8, cost < $2K, then it will be a good contender to the AF 80-200 f2.8D ED. But like other macro lenses, I think focus speed will take a hit as macro lenses have a very long focus throw.

Regards
CK

That's why focus limiter switch is important then...

Why not the 105mm micro anyway? :p

I wonder why they all them micro lens.... the terminology a bit weid ley... not as if it can resolve things at micrometer scale... if can it'll be interesting, hee hee, take picture of all those interesting bugs in our poo...

Status
Not open for further replies.