Recommend a Lumix Prosumer

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimsim

May 22, 2004
District 12
Hi,

Am thinking of getting a Lumix prosumer for travel purposes. Something which is sharp, gives good color contrast and has reasonable noise control. I'm not looking at those simple pns stuff.

What's a good model to recommend? Is LX-3 the one?

Thanks

Hi,

Am thinking of getting a Lumix prosumer for travel purposes. Something which is sharp, gives good color contrast and has reasonable noise control. I'm not looking at those simple pns stuff.

What's a good model to recommend? Is LX-3 the one?

Thanks

For Travelling... you can try the TZ15, but it is more of a PnS and not a prosumer.... :D

For Travelling... you can try the TZ15, but it is more of a PnS and not a prosumer.... :D

Try the G1 .......... prosumer DSLR ........ ;)

i'm using FZ50 which works really well for me...have been using it for all my trips in the last couple of years and the photos almost always turned out terrific! won't trade it for anything else in the world!

P1030931small-1.jpg

P1040458.jpg

P1040138.jpg

Last edited:
i'm using FZ50 which works really well for me...have been using it for all my trips in the last couple of years and the photos almost always turned out terrific! won't trade it for anything else in the world!

Nice shots... :D

lx3 would be a good choice, but you lose out on the zoom.
so you need to ask yourself does zoom matters to you.

Glad to see that I am not alone..... :)

you are definitely not. i've been using the FZ50 since 2006...have been following your thread since i've joined clubsnap...but never contributed.

you are definitely not. i've been using the FZ50 since 2006...have been following your thread since i've joined clubsnap...but never contributed.

Haha... then you are my senior in using the FZ50, I see that you have also travel alot with the camera too.... :)

Haha... then you are my senior in using the FZ50, I see that you have also travel alot with the camera too.... :)

i don't use the cam very well i think...lots of unexplored features. i only just started to add lens to the camera....still trying to learn how to use the macro, telephoto & wideangle lens more effectively. i don't have an external flash...my nightshots with the cam aren't great (also 'cos i'm too lazy to lug a tripod around). :dunno: please share your tips!!

Try the G1 .......... prosumer DSLR ........ ;)

I think so too. Haha. The avg prosumer weighs between 350 to 450g. The G1 is around 700g with lens. But for Fujifilm's S100fs, that weighs a whooping 900g.

i don't use the cam very well i think...lots of unexplored features. i only just started to add lens to the camera....still trying to learn how to use the macro, telephoto & wideangle lens more effectively. i don't have an external flash...my nightshots with the cam aren't great (also 'cos i'm too lazy to lug a tripod around). :dunno: please share your tips!!

No lah.. you are too modest.. I have tried with PL, ND & wide angle lens.. have not got a close-up lens like "Raynox DCR-250".... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.