Recommend a HD for my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

drafting88

Feb 17, 2002
Woodlands
Visit site
My current setup includes a 40GB Maxtor HD. Since I use the computer sometimes for simple video editing, I realise that the computer is now almost running out of disk space.

I am thinking of getting an additional 60-80GB of HD. Which particular HD should I go for?

My current setup: :embrass:
MSI K7T266 Pro2
AMD 1800+ XP
Kingston DDR 256MB
Maxtor 40GB
Asus V7700 GF2 TI 32MB
ICute 627SL w/375W
CM Pure Copper HSF
Iwill Firewire 1394

TIA. :)

Western Digital 8MB cache hdds are good..

get more RAM too... to about 512 - 1gb

western digital :thumbsup:

>/= 120G. maxtor/seagate 8mb cache. video editing requires lotsa space. and like wat yamcake said, pump ur ram. ;p

You could go to www.storagereview.com and do your own research. They have a Leaderboard where the current "top of the line" HDD's are listed.

I have a total of 650GB storage on my PC. 2x 36GB 10,000 RPM Western Digital Raptors (in a RAID 0 array), 2x 250GB 7,200 RPM Western Digitals, and an old 80GB Western Digital. One of the 250GB drives serves no purpose other than to back up the rest of the system. It is semi-permanently disconnected so that it cannot be trashed by a virus or system crash.

Reason for so much storage: HDD's offer cheaper and faster storage than any other media!

Amfibius said:
You could go to www.storagereview.com and do your own research. They have a Leaderboard where the current "top of the line" HDD's are listed.

I have a total of 650GB storage on my PC. 2x 36GB 10,000 RPM Western Digital Raptors (in a RAID 0 array), 2x 250GB 7,200 RPM Western Digitals, and an old 80GB Western Digital. One of the 250GB drives serves no purpose other than to back up the rest of the system. It is semi-permanently disconnected so that it cannot be trashed by a virus or system crash.

Reason for so much storage: HDD's offer cheaper and faster storage than any other media!

650G :bigeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.