Recommend a good sling bag and, where to buy DOMKE ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcwang

Jan 9, 2003
East Singapore
www.pbase.com
Hie Guys,

I used to have a Nikon Camera Sling Bag, but sold it after a while because it was simply too tiresome to carry. I have been using the LowePro Haversack for a year now, and its perfect for lugging stuff around all day, especially with heavy equipment.

However, I do miss the easy accessibility of a sling bag, and I found it almost entirely necessary to access your lenses easily in events photography. So I'm contemplating of getting a sling bag once again.

My Equipment which I would carry for an events shoot.
D100, 18-70 f3.5-4.5, 80-200f2.8, 20mmf1.8 (sigma) and 50mmf1.8 + sb80DX.

20mmf1.8 I bring only in low light.

In good light I bring only the 18-70 and 80-200.

Please recommend a good sling bag. or other device perhaps. And please state the approximate pricing. Thank You.

Oh yes, who carries DOMKE ?

PP CP has a collection of Domke

Have you try Billingham bags??? It is better quality and much more comfortable.

In this case, my suggestion is to try on the F803 Domke at CP, to see whether it fits you well. For the catalog of Domke, you can download from this link.

I download it oversea, hope you guys can access faster from my space.

safrotto..

i'm using a domke F2 i paid ard $200+ at cathay few yrs back,can hold alot of stuff easily.
my event rig most of the time is one lens mounted body+film loaded spare bodymounted lens+ SB-28+ 105mm with many AAs+card+film..with all this load,still got space for 2-3more lenses not counting the 2 front pouch stuff with misc items like name cards ,filters,lite,tissue,lighter,ciggy etc...

have a look at the billingham series as well,as wad XXXboy said.they are of better material and workmanship..though not cheap,but definitely last a lifetime.

my nx bag will most likely be a black billy presstop which i find the design very nice and practical..

Clown said:
safrotto..

marc.. i second wat Clown mentioned.. i'm using a safrotto model.. totally similiar to the domke F2.. honestly,i have owned the Domke F2,F3x & F6 before.. wat i feel is.. if u are going to get one the safrotto identical is much more worth it.. i paid $75 for one similiar to the F2 which would set u back by $240(the price i paid for mine at CP sometime back).. u can get a safrotto at The Camera Workshop..I'm not working for them.. just sharing a piece of gear which served me well.. :)

quekky said:
does safrotto have warranty against defects?

if you are NOT staying in the USA, it doesn't matter. All those warranty thingy for the bags, does not apply outside the USA

eagles_creek said:
Hi tan131,

the clone you are referring to...is it the CF200 model?

Thanks! ;)

i'm not sure whether its the CF100 or CF200, it doesn't indicate on the bag itself.. so sorrie.. anyway.. i'm sure its almost similiar to the Domke F2 minus the brand.. ;)

Thanks for all the replies. Safrotto sounds very appealing indeed. But I have heard of quality issues with that, any idea ?

Domke is a beauty, but a little steep.

Anyone tried those waist bags and vests ? What do you think about them for events ? COst is an issue.

marcwang said:
Thanks for all the replies. Safrotto sounds very appealing indeed. But I have heard of quality issues with that, any idea ?

Domke is a beauty, but a little steep.

Anyone tried those waist bags and vests ? What do you think about them for events ? COst is an issue.

well.. so far.. i havent't had any QC issues with my safrotto.. then again.. is COst is an issue.. ain it clear which is more appealing?? ;)

tan131 said:
i'm not sure whether its the CF100 or CF200, it doesn't indicate on the bag itself.. so sorrie.. anyway.. i'm sure its almost similiar to the Domke F2 minus the brand.. ;)

Thanks. Will check it out.... :)

can also try the Domke-like bag from Nikon that was meant as a free gift with the D70 recently. some shops sell it separately. I got one :)

mpenza said:
can also try the Domke-like bag from Nikon that was meant as a free gift with the D70 recently. some shops sell it separately. I got one :)

where did u get yours ( the Domlie-alike Nikon Bag )? been to TCW, but not available there woh..??

bought mine from MS Color. think I saw one or two left when I visited the shop. They quoted around $40 for the bag which I think is still pretty worth it. It looks like the Domke F2 but probably smaller in size (I didn't measure). The inserts divide the internal into 4 compartments. There're 2 pouches on the front and 2 at the side for more items.

mpenza said:
bought mine from MS Color. think I saw one or two left when I visited the shop. They quoted around $40 for the bag which I think is still pretty worth it. It looks like the Domke F2 but probably smaller in size (I didn't measure). The inserts divide the internal into 4 compartments. There're 2 pouches on the front and 2 at the side for more items.

about the same size of CF100 ? or it is smaller or bigger ??

Status
Not open for further replies.