Recommend a good card reader

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggulp

Oct 19, 2005
What's a good card reader on the market now? I need one that can read all the usual formats (CF, SD, Ms Pro). Speed is a priority. Anyone can recommend any?

What's a good card reader on the market now? I need one that can read all the usual formats (CF, SD, Ms Pro). Speed is a priority. Anyone can recommend any?

Try this

Do you know which shops sell this? As well as the price?

I got the Sandisk Extreme III USB 2.0 Card Reader from SLS AJ Computer Accessories at $32 iirc.

get the firewire card reader, either sandisk/ lexar or delkin, u won't regret.

get the firewire card reader, either sandisk/ lexar or delkin, u won't regret.

but the firewire versions are really expensive compared to the usb ones...
if your cards are not so fast (like extreme III or equivalent) just get the extreme III usb reader.. good enough..

but the firewire versions are really expensive compared to the usb ones...
if your cards are not so fast (like extreme III or equivalent) just get the extreme III usb reader.. good enough..

Firewire readers don't make full use of SD cards as well...

I got the Sandisk Extreme III USB 2.0 Card Reader from SLS AJ Computer Accessories at $32 iirc.
That is :thumbsup:...
If not go to east gear and check out their multi card reader or delicated FW card reader for realli fast speed. :devil:

Where is this AJ shop? Couldn't find it in SLS?
can't remember which level, but it is right beside the evaluator...

anyway i don see a need to spend extra on a FW card reader, unless you are one that count every sec of the transfer. :bsmilie:

can't remember which level, but it is right beside the evaluator...

anyway i don see a need to spend extra on a FW card reader, unless you are one that count every sec of the transfer. :bsmilie:

OK...Tks...let me go try and locate it again cosz I walk from 3- 6 level yesterday but couldn't find the shop:dunno:

BTW, I already own one of this reader which I mail order from State side a few months back and it is a USB2.0 reader. Trying to help a friend to get hold of one in SG.

how is the Kingston 15-in-1 card reader? It cost $22 at Best Bargain SLS.

I only can tell you to avoid combo reader. I mean card reader combo with (4 ports) USB hub.

I have one and it sometimes doesn't read big files on the card successfully.

My other card reader and separate USB hub both work well, but not a combo reader.

Regards,
Arto.

i've had some problem with some multi-in-1 card readers on macs even though they state that they are mac ready (not sure if others might have had the same experience)... if using mac, suggest sticking to sandisk or beikin.

Status
Not open for further replies.