Recommend a good blower

takengo2003

Deregistered
Oct 6, 2003
Have been using those normal blower to clean my sensor, but it seems not doing a clean job.
At F22 or F16 i always can see some dust in image, i know i can sent to Canon for cleaning, but that is troublesome and it cost $21.40 .
I have been to CSC for sensor cleaning before, but they will tell you after cleaning, at F22 there will still be one or two dust spot which is unavoidable.

Hence, i am thinking of investing on a good blower which can do a good blow job. Price is not a problem.

Have been using those normal blower to clean my sensor, but it seems not doing a clean job.
At F22 or F16 i always can see some dust in image, i know i can sent to Canon for cleaning, but that is troublesome and it cost $21.40 .
I have been to CSC for sensor cleaning before, but they will tell you after cleaning, at F22 there will still be one or two dust spot which is unavoidable.

Hence, i am thinking of investing on a good blower which can do a good blow job. Price is not a problem.

I recommend the Giottos Rocket.

But if the dust does not go away with blowing, it means the dust has contacted some moisture and is stuck on the sensor. Bring it to CSC for a clean la. $21 is worth it..... Better than buying all sorts of sensor swabs etc... end up more ex.

Better than those blue ones that can find in every camera shop?

The lousiest ones are the grey ones...

Giottos rocket very powerful... but I heard Blue one also good... but I never tried the blue one lor.

But if the dust does not go away with blowing, it means the dust has contacted some moisture and is stuck on the sensor. Bring it to CSC for a clean la. $21 is worth it..... Better than buying all sorts of sensor swabs etc... end up more ex.

I second DD123's recommendation.. :)

tats the AF swiss blower

i prefer the light blue one with the metal spout

Yes I heard about that one, that it is stronger. But that one has a very short spout, hard to get into some places...

Invest in a good one. Get the Bergeon blower.
Article no.4657.

where can i buy this blower?

any idea how much?

get Giottos Rocket largest blower, cost S$13 at cathay photo, set ur cleaning mode in ur camera to manual and blow away, this would do the trick :D

sgcamerastore selling at $20 and cathay selling at $13.

Note that certain dust are too strongly attached (due to the activation of the sensor) and may not be blown off just with a blower jet of air... some may need manual cleaning before it can come off... :)

Try Visible Dust Zeeion® Blower
http://visibledust.com/products.php
Can find it at Cathay Photo

Went to cathay during lunch time and saw the Giottos rocket blower at $13.50 . The salesman also recommend me Visible Dust Zeeion® Blower which cost $80.

He says Visible Dust Zeeion® Blower is better for cleaning sensor as it will not suck the air back.

If Giottos rocket suck back the air(with dust particle) into the blower, i think the next blow we will blow out the dust particles from the blower into the sensor right?

Will that cause more dust in the sensor, anyone?

Now puzzled to choose between the $13.50 or the $80. Will the Giottos rocket do the trick?

Went to cathay during lunch time and saw the Giottos rocket blower at $13.50 . The salesman also recommend me Visible Dust Zeeion® Blower which cost $80.

He says Visible Dust Zeeion® Blower is better for cleaning sensor as it will not suck the air back.

If Giottos rocket suck back the air(with dust particle) into the blower, i think the next blow we will blow out the dust particles from the blower into the sensor right?

Will that cause more dust in the sensor, anyone?

Now puzzled to choose between the $13.50 or the $80. Will the Giottos rocket do the trick?

Not, not dust can blow in. Cause the inlet & outlet of the blower built in with filter.
"For ur system cost more that thousand of $$ & so what about $80 dollars":bsmilie::bsmilie:

Not, not dust can blow in. Cause the inlet & outlet of the blower built in with filter.
"For ur system cost more that thousand of $$ & so what about $80 dollars":bsmilie::bsmilie:

haha, i was puzzling this question too just now. but the question is whether is it worth it and whether the giottos rocket will do the job or create more dust?

haha, i was puzzling this question too just now. but the question is whether is it worth it and whether the giottos rocket will do the job or create more dust?

I think the rocket can cause the dust in, because the air suck into the blower camber when press and then blow out, it may carry dust. For normal type of use I think can. But went come to sensor, better not.