Recommend a (economical) Dentist

cichlid

Dec 2, 2006
S'pore
Hi

My wife has just made a call to polyclinic and found out that there is a 3 month wait for dentist appointment.

Any recommendation for reasonable price private dentist?

Thanks!

me too......

I just need one that is painless .... no matter on the cost part .....

Outside of NDC or polyclinics, can try Accent Dental at Ave 10 AMK or any of the Q&M Dental outlets all over the island. IMO there's no "economical" dentists, ALL are ex, only which one more/most ex, same for pain (mouth or wallet) :bsmilie: If for dentures, I know of an "Ah Kor" thats economical who did a good job in less than 2 weeks as opposed to 7 mths for govt outlets at half the price :)

Last edited:
Hello Cichlid & Ed, you may try NTUC Dentalcare-they have a couple of branches in SG. I was vacillitating for 2 years when my dentist of a decade retired & then decided on a NTUC Denticare clinic at Bishan nr the bus interchange. They have a standard rate of charges which you may ask their receptionist. I had an appointment within a week of calling them, as long as you do not insist on a Saturday appointment. The operate till 6pm on weekdays & the lady dentist attending to me has good "dental-chair" manners.

Last edited:
Thank you guys for your recommendations :)

Dr Yap at Serangoon central Q&M. He extracted 2 wisdom teeth for me expertly. He has always been gentle and assuring whenever i froze in fear during checkups. Appointments usually less than 10 days. :)

Toof doctor is also good but I can't remember the name of the lady dentist.

ICT report sick, tell MO migraine and toothache (cannot chew solid food etc. etc.) and he'll refer you to the DO FOC (can get 1/2 day off also).

Edit: Oh, for the wife arh. Didn't realise that. :bsmilie:

Last edited:
show_resize_image%2520copy.jpg

There will be a consultation charge for any dentist for first visit.

cichlid said:
Hi

My wife has just made a call to polyclinic and found out that there is a 3 month wait for dentist appointment.

Any recommendation for reasonable price private dentist?

Thanks!

There is NO or CHEAPER dentist.

Because their prices are fixed by SMC.

The only difference is how good is the dentist.

Why don't u tell where u live or your wife works, before we tell u where to go? U can stay in Pasir Ris, but we recommend one in Boon Lay?

Just an update.

My wife delayed calling the doc as the pain subsided but came back last night. She called the Unity Dentalcare (NTUC) at Toa Payoh Hub early this morning and have her wisdom tooth extracted at 11 am. That's fast!

Cost $107.

Just an update.

My wife delayed calling the doc as the pain subsided but came back last night. She called the Unity Dentalcare (NTUC) at Toa Payoh Hub early this morning and have her wisdom tooth extracted at 11 am. That's fast!

Cost $107.

that's fast. and cheap. is she/are you a union member?

Just an update.

Cost $107.

What a fast relief :) Now I know other good alternatives around...

that's fast. and cheap. is she/are you a union member?

I'm a Union member, she's not. Dont know if she has used my card for link points :bsmilie:

Wisdom tooth price differ according to the upper or lower jaw n complication (surgery to remove root etc.)

haha! i was quoted $1.1k from my dentist for wisdom tooth removal!

May be you are much wiser,haha...i think the cost depends on how complicated it is to remove the tooth.

Mine cost $280 and that was about at 25 years ago!

May be you are much wiser,haha...i think the cost depends on how complicated it is to remove the tooth.

Mine cost $280 and that was about at 25 years ago!

25 years ago i had no teeth :bsmilie: