Recommend a Compact Camera to replace my Nex 6 !

hyori

Mar 14, 2007
Am actually looking for something smaller and do not have to change lens .

My requirement will be to have comparable IQ like DSLR ...

Am actually looking at Fujifilm X20s or X100s...

Any recommendation?? However seems like X100s is a prime lens.

X100s is a prime 23mm lens giving effective 35mm focal length.

If u need zoom, maybe u could oso check out RX100? Though using a smaller sensor, the IQ is pretty good.

How about Sigma's DP series of compact? Yes... these are using prime lens, but I have read incredible reviews for these cameras. In actual fact some even compared the IQ from a Foveon sensor to a FF sensor (like the Nikon's D800).

If you really want a compact with comparable or even better IQ as compared to DSLR, I think Sigma is the way to go. Oh... and the DP series of camera are really small in size too... except maybe the DP3 which had a bulging 50mm lens.

Last edited:
Sony RX100
Fuji X10/20/100/100s
Olympus XZ1/2
Panasonic LX5/7
Canon S110/G15/1X
Ricoh GRD4

Depends on the how compact you want, whether u r ok with prime lenses or want zooms, whether u need the fast apertures... also, cost...

If you need zoom, the closest would be the G1X.

But it's not exactly smaller or lighter than a NEX.

You cannot have the best of everything. DSLR image quality means a big sensor, means a big lens...

True.... In terms of Image Quality.... I am downsizing to this 2 choice.. X100S and RX100

any recommendation

True.... In terms of Image Quality.... I am downsizing to this 2 choice.. X100S and RX100

any recommendation

Well, the x100s has higher image quality, but is a prime lens (no zoom) and quite a bit bigger than an rx100. It's a rangefinder, while the rx100 is a compact camera.

any recommendation

X100s probably gives better jpegs at that focal length. But if you shoot raw, RX100 would give you more flexibility.

compact, fixed lens...assume you want zoom? RX100 for sure. being an NEX user, you will appreciate the entire system of the RX100...and of course, it takes really really good pictures. Fuji X20 is what i use right now (changed from RX100) and it's also a great camera, although for pure image quality, RX100 is a bit better

X100S, well...it's bigger, fixed focal length, and is slower in overall performance, from what i hear. I'd get the RX100 if i were you

if fixed focal length is no matter for you, and you're on a budget...

the X100s.

I been trying to get a set of 100s to test but all oos

Consider the Leica X2. Have seen the photos from my friend's X1. No bells+whistles. Outstanding image quality