Recommend a Car Stereo

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vince123123

Hi, my car stereo just went conkers...refuse to read cds.

looking for a cheap and good car stereo, 1 DIN size. able to read CDs (better if can read cd rws and can recognise and play mp3s) and also radio tuner. sound quality should be reasonable too. no need to have cd changer, in fact i prefer those type i can load in by hand into a slot at the front.

any recommendations on brand and model?

vince123123 said:
Hi, my car stereo just went conkers...refuse to read cds.

looking for a cheap and good car stereo, 1 DIN size. able to read CDs (better if can read cd rws and can recognise and play mp3s) and also radio tuner. sound quality should be reasonable too. no need to have cd changer, in fact i prefer those type i can load in by hand into a slot at the front.

any recommendations on brand and model?

Pioneer DEH-1600
VDO CD-139
Alpine 9807
Kenwood X579

You can find info on these online (google.com) and prices do vary from retailer to retailer so do your homework and it's worth auditioning them in person.

any good local retailers for these?

Ian said:
Pioneer DEH-1600
VDO CD-139
Alpine 9807
Kenwood X579

You can find info on these online (google.com) and prices do vary from retailer to retailer so do your homework and it's worth auditioning them in person.

vince123123 said:
any good local retailers for these?

No Idea as I'm not in Singapore.

Linkster

From what I've seen and know most of the sony's don't seem to last long and have real problems with skip in cars according to many who own them.

Status
Not open for further replies.