Recommend a camera with image stabilizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

chtan

Jan 27, 2004
Hi All,

I'm looking for a camera with image stabilizer, can you all recomend one? Preferred those compact size type. Thanks!

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX9 ;)

Upz, this model is also made in Japan.

Yup, a lot of the Pana Lumix series with OIS works very well, but of course, don;t expect the impossible like shaking your bon-bon ans still capture sharp images lah! :bsmilie:

Feinwerkbau said:
Yup, a lot of the Pana Lumix series with OIS works very well, but of course, don;t expect the impossible like shaking your bon-bon ans still capture sharp images lah! :bsmilie:

Yeah.. the advertisement kinda exaggerating.

Hi All,

Thanks for the recommendation! Will check out the pana FX9 :)

Hi,
You may wish to consider the Canon S2 IS too. Although it is not that compact, it is not that bulky either. The zoom may come in useful.

The Panasonic FX9 is highly recommended too. It's quality, size etc is pretty amazing.

How useful is image stabilizer? I know I have trembling hands when holding a camera. Is it a must to buy a camera with this feature? Thank you. :)

I personally like the Panasonic FZ30.. Very versatile.. As close to a SLR as you can get with a compact camera (It's not very compact though :) )..

chtan said:
Hi All,

I'm looking for a camera with image stabilizer, can you all recomend one? Preferred those compact size type. Thanks!

joshfong said:
How useful is image stabilizer? I know I have trembling hands when holding a camera. Is it a must to buy a camera with this feature? Thank you. :)

Hi,
It will be good to learn to control your trembling when taking pictures instead of being dependant on IS. After all, IS can only do so much to alleviate handshake.

IS is a good to have function, but not a must have. With practice, most people can take decent pictures without the need for it.

Redstar202 said:
Hi,
It will be good to learn to control your trembling when taking pictures instead of being dependant on IS. After all, IS can only do so much to alleviate handshake.

IS is a good to have function, but not a must have. With practice, most people can take decent pictures without the need for it.

Thank you. I guess age is catching up on me. :)

jeryltan said:
I personally like the Panasonic FZ30.. Very versatile.. As close to a SLR as you can get with a compact camera (It's not very compact though :) )..

why not consider the smaller FZ5?
no idea why this camera won the super zoom award in europe though.

I think the true powers of IS will only be felt in the Canon S2 IS because of the long lens at 400+ mm. it's rather impossible to hand hold at 400mm unless you're shooting in the bright sunny afternoons offering >1/500 shutter speeds.

Other than that, I would rather save the money for a cam with better high ISO performance or practice on better handholding techniques

OT a bit: my fren went to this big electronic shop looking for a compact digicam. one of the salesperson told him all the cams in the shop has stabliliser and it is distinguished by the number. ISO: Image Stablilizer ON!!! I nearly fainted.

vbs1979 said:
OT a bit: my fren went to this big electronic shop looking for a compact digicam. one of the salesperson told him all the cams in the shop has stabliliser and it is distinguished by the number. ISO: Image Stablilizer ON!!! I nearly fainted.

I thought ISO meant : Idiotic Sales Offender:bsmilie:

Ahahahah...good one.....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.