Recommend a camera bag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gymrat76

May 10, 2004
Will be heading down to CP with Mrs Gymrat76 to buy a camera bag for the D70. Only need to be able to fit:

1. Camera + lens (with lens hood attached)
2. Accessories like cables, card reader
3. Space for SB600/800 flash (when I can afford getting one! :bsmilie: )
4. Space for blower and lens pen and extra CF cards

Basically just want something medium sized, no need for those that can hold 2-3 extra lenses etc. What are your opinions on Crumpler vs more popular brands like LowePro and Domke? Is the padding on the Crumpler bags as good or sufficient to take it travelling as compared to the LowePro? Please provide feedback, and/or model name if possible! Thanks! :)

Hmmm the Tallee would be a good choice but but I would prefer Lowepro for its raincover and zippered compartment to keep out the water. Do try the Lowepro Nova 4 AW. Should fit all of your equipment since you are not carrying a lot of lenses.

I use 2 crumpler bags, the Budgie Smuggler and Farmer's Double. Both are excellent bags, look funky and doesn't scream valuable camera inside. Both bags are extremly well padded, and is apparently made from Dupont Cordura Plus 1000 dernier fabric, which is the highest grade (Lowepro is supposedly 500 dernier). I have taken both out in pouring rain and my equipment came out fine. Both have also came with me on my travels and I haven't any problem with the bag. Lowepro's backpacks have a better harness system, but the Crumpler isn't too bad, all straps are well padded and feels quite comfortable.

Actually now that you mentioned it, I would like something thats pretty water resistant, in those instances where I take the camera out and happen to get caught in the rain, or on boating trips where there is a chance of spalshing water etc.

As far as I know (but these are for the regular Crumpler bags, haven't seen their camera bags) Crumpler bags only have the single large flap to cover the bag, right? LowePro has an inside zipper as well? :dunno:

Thanks

My Budgie Smuggler has an inside flap (velcro, not zip), together with a top flap. It's hard to explain but the way the top flap is constructed is such that when it's closed, water can't really get in during normal usage (but it isn't 100% water proof. For that, you have to look at the lowepro Dryzone series.) Why don't you just pop down to cathay to have a look for yourself?

yep, thanks.. will head down in about an hour or so. thanks guys! :)

Gymrat76 said:
yep, thanks.. will head down in about an hour or so. thanks guys! :)
hmm i was there yesterday...
too bad todae not free, if not might go down olso...
hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.