Recommend a bag

Status
Not open for further replies.

geekgeek

May 22, 2007
Hi guys,

Am a new DSLR user. Looking for a decently priced bag to carry my camera around, but not sure what sizes I should be looking at. Currently I only need to store my D80 + 18-135mm kit lens, but probably would like a bag with some extra space to fit stuff i may buy in the future eg a flash, filters, maybe a 50mm lens.

Would a Crumpler 4 Million Dollar home suffice?

nope i dont think it wouldnt be sufficient. i would recomend tamrac adventure 7! haahha. I jus got my adventure7 jus now. feels nice. small compact bagpack and doesnt look like a camera bag.

nope i dont think it wouldnt be sufficient. i would recomend tamrac adventure 7! haahha. I jus got my adventure7 jus now. feels nice. small compact bagpack and doesnt look like a camera bag.

The Tamrac is pretty nice! Any idea where I can get it locally?

I can fit all you described in my Lowepro 200aw. Personally I wouldnt buy a Crumpler sling bag bcos the velcro makes a terribly loud noise when you are opening the bag. Not the best for nature use i feel. Another reason I dont like them is the lack of water resistance and internal space.

5 million dollar at least if you want a dual lens kit and flash. And even then it'll be a tad cramped if you have some filters. But it's not too bad.

If you don't mind backpacks and need some space for barang barang - Lowepro Orion Trekker II is what I use. Only con is that you don't get any AW cover, but hey, the top compartment easily has space for an umbrella. =)

:bsmilie: there is always new thread asking for a bag... same old answer DOMKE :bsmilie: There is always a size to fit your need

5 million dollar home from Crumpler will work fine, or the 6 mil if you want more space. I don't think the velcro is a real turn off, as you probably wouldn't be using such a small bag/shoulder bag if you're shooting in nature anyway.

you need a reasonable amount of budget to consider a Domke too.. :sweat:

haha!!! :bsmilie: DOMKE DOMKE!!!! :thumbsup: I started off with crumpler 7 mil too.. then end up Domke... so eventually spent more :)

Heh the Domkes look real nice, but price also very nice haha!

Domke, Tamrac and Crumpler are good but more expensive products. Some other good value ones that might suit your purpose are:

Sling Bag
1) Lowepro EX180 - Solid and big enough
2) Nikon Domke-like Canvas Bag - It's cool and has many compartments, but the internal partition is a bit soft and the layout needs some creative re-adjustment. I like this bag :)

Haversack
1) Lowepro Orien Trekker II - Very convenient for day trips. Got separate compartment for essential items (clothing, bottles, snacks, etc). Doesn't look like a camera bag. :thumbsup:
2) Lowepro CompuDaypack - Like above, but has additional laptop compartment. Good for storing office files or documents too! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The Tamrac is pretty nice! Any idea where I can get it locally?

TK Photo at 2nd level Shaw Tower Beach Road...

if u are keen on a crumpler, 6 million dollar home would be just nice..i used to have a 5 million dollar home bag, and it was able to fit wad you wanted, but then i feel it will get a little cramp. i think 6 million dollar home cost around 120? 5 million dollar home cost about 90, but it does not come with a shoulder pad, which would cost around $25. So add up must as well get the 6 million dollar home, has the padding plus u get more space..

Thanks for all your replies guys, will go bag shopping this weekend. Is Courts the only place to look at Lowepro bags?

For Lowepro, go to Cathay peninsula with your equip to test. Ask one of the nice salesman for the actual price - dont believe the price on the price tag. They used to have Crumplers as well, you can test out the ripping velcro noise there.

Thanks for all your replies guys, will go bag shopping this weekend. Is Courts the only place to look at Lowepro bags?

Courts is the most expensive. You must shop around for a good price on accessories. Try Lucky Plaza, SLS, Peninsula or Funan. Bargain might help.

Courts is the most expensive. You must shop around for a good price on accessories. Try Lucky Plaza, SLS, Peninsula or Funan. Bargain might help.

Please avoid Lucky Plaza or SLS. They will try and rip you off faster than you can say "cheat me?".

If you want Crumpler, go to TK Foto or John 3:16 as they're cheaper. For Lowepro or Domke, go to Cathay Photo, as they have the widest selection.

Never go COURTS to buy bags.... Go CP for Lowepro. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.