Recommend 3rd party Nikon Speedlite

Status
Not open for further replies.

hackie

Jan 18, 2002
Visit site
i'm using F65.... wanted to get a external flash but Nikon Speedlite is too ex...
a friend recommended to get 3rd party ones.. but are they fully compatible? can recommend some brands and models and where to get? best if price is included.

thanks.

Originally posted by YSLee
How about a SB22s?

i was hoping to look for a powerful one like SB28.. hehee..
but read that SB50DX is designed to be used together with F65 built-in flash to push up the GN.. but the SB50DX drinks CR123 leh.. very ex....

btw.. the SB22 how much?

Originally posted by hackie

i was hoping to look for a powerful one like SB28.. hehee..
but read that SB50DX is designed to be used together with F65 built-in flash to push up the GN.. but the SB50DX drinks CR123 leh.. very ex....

btw.. the SB22 how much?

SB22S is $200 or thereabouts. Should be powerful enough for most uses. Alternatively, you can save up to $350 or so and buy a used SB26 (which some say is better than the 28) or a bit more for the 28. I got my SB28 used at $350. SB50 is not worth the money at all, being lower power than the 22, and yes, it eats expensive CR123s.

I think good third party ones worth trying are the Metz's and the impossible-to-find-now Sunpak 433AF.

Regards
CK

ok. will go see see look look... thanks ckiang. :)

Originally posted by hackie
i'm using F65.... wanted to get a external flash but Nikon Speedlite is too ex...
a friend recommended to get 3rd party ones.. but are they fully compatible? can recommend some brands and models and where to get? best if price is included.

thanks.

Sigma EF-500 (with or without LCD screen/manual controls - both models are equally powerful) at Fotoguide Peninsula. If my SB-26 ever breaks down, I would buy this as a replacement and not the $B-28

Originally posted by erwinx

Sigma EF-500 (with or without LCD screen/manual controls - both models are equally powerful) at Fotoguide Peninsula. If my SB-26 ever breaks down, I would buy this as a replacement and not the $B-28

which one? EF500 Super or ST? how much is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.