Recommend 17" LCD monitor under $1000....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpenza

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
www.instagram.com
I need to replace my aging monitor soon and thought of getting a 17" LCD monitor to save some space and increase the desktop area (currently using a 15" monitor). Any good models to recommend? I don't need DVI input or multimedia capabilities. Heard of NEC 1760V. Is it a good monitor for it's price?

Originally posted by extreme2
NPS 777s good in features and price. :thumbsup: $809

http://www.gennett.com.sg/products/nps_777.htm
Hi Samuel, are you using it now. Can I do Photo editing on it, I mean, the graphic as good as conventional monitor?

The spec didn't mention the response time. For the 15" one, how much is the price. The spec say the 15" response time is 5ms which is unbelievable, but it did say min only!!!

Originally posted by mpenza
I need to replace my aging monitor soon and thought of getting a 17" LCD monitor to save some space and increase the desktop area (currently using a 15" monitor). Any good models to recommend? I don't need DVI input or multimedia capabilities. Heard of NEC 1760V. Is it a good monitor for it's price?
KC, are you doing photo editing on your LCD Monitor? My monitor also dying soon but can't decide to go with LCD or normal monitor?

Originally posted by ckiang
The Samsung 17" ones should be in that range too, they look pretty good. Can also consider Sharp. Phillips doesn't look good.

Regards
CK
Ya, I heard Samsung will be releasing a sub 20ms soon in June. Hitachi has it but too expansive for my budget! :cry:

Originally posted by Kevin
KC, are you doing photo editing on your LCD Monitor? My monitor also dying soon but can't decide to go with LCD or normal monitor?

Would be doing photo editing. I guess due to the brightness of LCD, we have to be more mindful of the histogram.

mpenza,

the best thing is to go down and see with ur own eyes the different moniters available at ur budget. because in the end you will be the on staring at the moniter all the time. :)

usually brands like samsung and sharp will be recommended. and if you feel like topping up on ur 1k budget, SGI or Eizo. :)

regards

Originally posted by mpenza
Would be doing photo editing. I guess due to the brightness of LCD, we have to be more mindful of the histogram.
I will wait for your feedback and comment B4 deciding LCD or normal monitor.

The NEC sound very exiting! :light:

Go for EIZO. Take a trip to SLS and view the EIZO in action. Brightness, contrast and color are well balance.

Originally posted by Wolfgang
Well, i've got a Microtek one that is 17" and cost only $740 with GST. Pretty good bang on the buck if you ask me. :)
Thot you bought a conventional monitor?

Originally posted by pcman
Go for EIZO. Take a trip to SLS and view the EIZO in action. Brightness, contrast and color are well balance.

Remember one or more shop has the Eizo 565 @ $999, used to be $1.1K+

:)SGI, good but the price sky high too. SGI F180 a superb screen I ever want to own it.

Originally posted by renaissance_myth
ever heard of SGI? ;)

regards

Originally posted by renaissance_myth
ever heard of SGI? ;)

regards
Yea but vaugely can remember it. They used to develop very high end VGA card if I am not mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.