Recommend 17 CRT or 15 LCD monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snow_One

Apr 26, 2005
My 17' CRT monitor is dying. Any recommendation less than $400?

Want to use for photo editing.

get another 17" crt

or if u want LCD, make sure it is 24bit(16.7million colours), not 18bit (16.2million colours)

most 17" CRT cost less than $400. Maybe Samsung or Philip brand. There are those cheaper Brand like AOC that cost less than $200.

So any models in mind?

Eg. Philips T61 or samsung 753dfx ?

get a 17" LCD, on the cheap now.

Definitely a crt if you have a budget. Think you might be able to get a 19 inch with that price.

2 reasons:

1. lcd at that price range has much lower contrast (unless you spend more money for the 1:500 ratio) i.e. most crt can show better range of tones with higher contrast ratio

2. 15" normally has a resolution of 1024 x 768 which is very limited.

Buy lcd unless space is a concern for you. If most of your stuffs need photo editing, the crt is the choice with your budget.

user111 said:
get another 17" crt

or if u want LCD, make sure it is 24bit(16.7million colours), not 18bit (16.2million colours)

Erm...how to distinguise it's a 24 bit or 18 bit??? From display property? Or specs sheet?

tao said:
get a 17" LCD, on the cheap now.

cheaper than $400? with 24bit colour?

so any good 15' lcd monitor to recommend?

Sharp, Samsung, Viewsonic.

I wouldn't want to recommend Philips as many around me who purchase it facing many problems now.

Adam Goi said:
If $$ is not an issue to you, consider Eizo! ;)

Yup... Except that most of the 24bit panels... well... Are not stocked items and usually have a 5 to 6 weeks lead time..

Status
Not open for further replies.