Recommed me a camera pls..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahhoe

Aug 10, 2004
I am interested in getting a digital camera. But no a point and shoot model. Hoping to get one with manual controls. And within my 1200 budget. Those that can add on lens and adapters. I am not a pro, so just starting out cheap.

Any?

Bernard Ong

Apr 15, 2004
Hmm...it looks like you are looking for DSLR ( Digital Single Lens Reflex) camera. The lowest price in market is around S$ 2,000. I dun tink you can get one within $1,200

nightwolf75

Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
really MORE diaper changes
check out buy/sell. for $1200, it might be tough, even for 2nd-hand. i think there's 1-2 sets of D60 or D30 running ard. or rueyloon's fujifilm s2pro for $1900. s2pro slightly newer model (in terms of launch date) compared to canon's D60 or D30.

KNIGHT ONG

Dec 18, 2003
PAKISTAN
www.pbase.com
Proconsumer maybe can ... but add in those stuffs maybe got problem and also how many MP also counts .. :sweat:

blurblock

May 30, 2003
ytphoto.clubsnap.org
ahhoe said:
I am interested in getting a digital camera. But no a point and shoot model. Hoping to get one with manual controls. And within my 1200 budget. Those that can add on lens and adapters. I am not a pro, so just starting out cheap.

Any?
No, don't think any camera with that citeria meets your budget. You may want to revise your budget.

glennyong

May 2, 2004
Singapore
i dun think theres a need to invest into a DSLR with a $1200 budget with considerations of adding lens and flash. maybe i can give a personal recommendation of f717 or f828.. both have manual settings also... AND it starts below $1k for 2nd hand and onwards... good for beginners !! haha.. lens can add.. like telephotos and wides, flash also can... f717 uses MS while 828 uses CF/ms... so a $1200 may get him a full set of camera, flash and lenses and some filters~ :bsmilie:

obviousdude

Oct 14, 2003
West Coast of sunny Singapore
ahhoe said:

Any?
don't go into dslr if you only have $1200 as a budget. there are alot of hidden costs such as cf cards, flashes, costlier tripods and the real killers: lens

get a prosumer cam. those will start you on the way to learn. try 2nd hand ones like nikon's 5700. also offers a limited range of telephoto lens and wide angle to add on. you'll easily stay within your budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.