Recommand me a backpack

yinsheng

Mar 12, 2010
Singapore
hi all, i've decided to go with a backpack after super long. lol. so hoping pros and advice me as i have no info at all. I know some of you are gonna tell me that i should go down to the store to look at it myself. I just wanna get feedback from people with experience.

Backpack must fit:

- 13 inch laptop
- 550d + BG (quite fat)
- 17-55mm
- 70-200mm f4 (my next purchase i'm saving for)
- 430ex flash
- tripod

anything to recommend? i only know crumpler. so a good example would be the karachi outpost s size.

budget is like roughly 200 (+/-)?

Last edited:
Consider either a Vanguard Uprise 46 or 48. Got mine Uprise 48 for $190.

HTH.

Cheers!

UPDATE:

pm-UP-Rise-48-1.jpg

Here's a link for Vanguard Uprise 48.

Difference between Uprize 46 and 48.

Uprise 48
# Inside Dimensions(LxWxH mm):300 x 130x 250
# Outside Dimensions(LxWxH mm):350 x 300 x 515
# Weight(g):2270
#
Inside Dimensions(LxWxH inches):
11 7/8 x5 1/8x 9 3/4
#
Outside Dimensions(LxWxH inches):
13 3/4 x 11 7/8 x 20 1/4
# Weight(lbs):5

Uprise 46
# nside Dimensions(LxWxH mm):260x130x230
# Outside Dimensions(LxWxH mm):340x290x490
# Weight(g):1925
#
Inside Dimensions(LxWxH inches):
10 1/4 x 5 1/8 x 9
#
Outside Dimensions(LxWxH inches):
13 3/8 x 11 3/8 x 19 1/4
# Weight(lbs):4.24

Bought mine at K13 Marketing, at Peninsula Plaza, Level 2, above BATA.

Last edited:
Im using thinktank streetwalker pro for backpack, pretty good and solid and holds everything you mentioned with exception of the laptop. I remember there is another streetwalker model that had a laptop compartment.

I'm using Lowepro Fastpack 350 .. was deciding between kata and lowepro .. but smth i dun like abt kata is the backpack strap .. but lowepro doesnt hv a compartment for your tripod ..

go TK Foto and try out the bags ... ;)

I'm using Lowepro Fastpack 350 .. was deciding between kata and lowepro .. but smth i dun like abt kata is the backpack strap .. but lowepro doesnt hv a compartment for your tripod ..

go TK Foto and try out the bags ... ;)

Lowepro has.. For the Flipside series, but no compartment for your laptop though. Laptop would be the Fastpack 250, 350.

hi all, i've decided to go with a backpack after super long. lol. so hoping pros and advice me as i have no info at all. I know some of you are gonna tell me that i should go down to the store to look at it myself. I just wanna get feedback from people with experience.

Backpack must fit:

- 13 inch laptop
- 550d + BG (quite fat)
- 17-55mm
- 70-200mm f4 (my next purchase i'm saving for)
- 430ex flash
- tripod

anything to recommend? i only know crumpler. so a good example would be the karachi outpost s size.

budget is like roughly 200 (+/-)?

Can consider think tank streewalker series :)

Lowepro has.. For the Flipside series, but no compartment for your laptop though. Laptop would be the Fastpack 250, 350.

Yes, sry tt i wasnt clear on my side .. i was referring to fastpack does not have compartment for tripod .. :D ...

For flipside series only 200 & 300 (i suppose) hv tripod holder .. ;)

PS: Y not get a tripod bag instead n sling like a rifle sling ? my 2 cents... or alternative can get a laptop sling bag or smth ;p

for TS's gear, I think Lowepro Computrekker AW will suffice
the Plus is big :)

Agreed. The Plus is big indeed. I was trying to decide between the regular and the Plus but decided to go for the Plus based on the following:

1. Price difference between the two is negligible.
2. I really, really wanted to be able to put ALL my photo gear, plus laptop and its power adaptor, into a single backpack and have some room for growth. Only exception are my tripod and monopod. I didn't want to have to change backpack again if I get another lens or body, or whatever.

Also, since I live in a dry climate, I don't use a dry cabinet. So I use the backpack as 'permanent' storage for all my photo gear when not out and about.

Agreed. The Plus is big indeed. I was trying to decide between the regular and the Plus but decided to go for the Plus based on the following:

1. Price difference between the two is negligible.
2. I really, really wanted to be able to put ALL my photo gear, plus laptop and its power adaptor, into a single backpack and have some room for growth. Only exception are my tripod and monopod. I didn't want to have to change backpack again if I get another lens or body, or whatever.

Also, since I live in a dry climate, I don't use a dry cabinet. So I use the backpack as 'permanent' storage for all my photo gear when not out and about.

Actually my 'perfect bag would be the Plus without the laptop compartment ... :)