recomemded tripod for starters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iZ1d

Jan 17, 2003
Visit site
hi, i would like some help abt recomended tripod around for newbies like me. costing abt $100, cause i can't afford a manfrotto or a gitzo as i'm going to ns in 2 mth time...

My personnal reference, get gitzo, weight must be 2 times of the load (body & lens).

Normally, people would advice to get the max. weight can handle for your future lens.

Remember, normally photograhers don't owned only one tripod.

The best purchase for the first tripod that can support the 80-200 lens. This lens may not suitable for your F65 body. May be the weight of 70-300 lens. You may check at CP.

Anyway, all the best.

Cheers. :cool:

Originally posted by mpenza
that would greatly exceed his budget right?

Oh ya ah. Don't worry. he got two months to save some money. Take-up part-time job or to do house cleaning and tell your mother how good you are.

1st month get the tripod stand first and the second mth get the ball head. With First time of right purchase, no need to upgrade later. Trust me on this.

Cheers. :cool:

I need a tripod for my s40. What do you guys recommend?

I do not expect myself upgrading my cam in the near future unless a nice black G4 turns up.

cheers.

Originally posted by iZ1d
hi, i would like some help abt recomended tripod around for newbies like me. costing abt $100, cause i can't afford a manfrotto or a gitzo as i'm going to ns in 2 mth time...

Can get a Manfrotto lah... Mine cost me about $120. Not a glitzy one but it works pretty well for me. :)

Originally posted by Silverelf

Can get a Manfrotto lah... Mine cost me about $120. Not a glitzy one but it works pretty well for me. :)
Which model is yours? Juz wondering...

If you cannot afford a new Manfrotto, then why not buy an used Manfrotto. An used Manfrotto can still last another 10 years and would be more durable than whatever cheaper plastic tripod you've in your buying list :p

Originally posted by Garion
Which model is yours? Juz wondering...

Mine is the Manfrotto 390B Junior 4 section tripod. :) Is quite heavy (TRUST ME on that!!) It just lacks all the bells and whistles but works well enough for me at the moment.

ok guyz, thanks for helping mua... by the way i chance across a black manfrotto (i dunno which model) with ball head and it cost $155. it is at the shop opposite the perfume shop in peninsula (gosh i really can't remember the shop name!), which also display sigma lenses and stuff... (hope i'm making sense). anyway i found it there. so anyone who wants an reliable and affordable tripod, you know where to go...

Good for you. Better to get a solid tripod at once. Even though your shoulder may ache :bsmilie: it's better than struggling to mount and adjust a heavy lens... and maybe missing a shot!

another (aching) manfrotto user... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.