recom 4 digi cam pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

~LiNdA~

Apr 14, 2004
Hi, wanna get a digital cam. Dunno wat brand or camera to get.. too much choice.. can recom mi wat 2 get. Below are the criteria for me getting a digi cam.. thanx 2 all who give me their recom 1st.. ;)

01. Budget = Less than 800
02. Megapixel count = 5.0
03. Optical zoom factor = e Higher the better
04. Size = Compact not too bulky
05. Type of batteries used = No preference but jus brought a AA rechargeable batt
06. Weight = Not too heavy
10. What kind of pictures are you hoping to take? = For travel purpose. Best is can take very gd pic during dae & nite..

Even for a budget digital camera, quality of the product (its lens) plays a crucial part as well. For less than $800, I would recommend the Nikon Coolpix 4300 (4 megapixel). Have used it before in the past, very good grip for a budget camera and good quality pictures.

jus came bk from sim lim. took a liking on panasonic FX-5 and canon IXUS 430/500 and A80 but dunno wat 2 get.. any comment? btw u noe where can get camera at better price?

Go for ixus 500/430!
I think it fits your budget and purpose...
Quality of pictures wise, you do not have to worry at all.
cos i own a ixus 400.
;p
Happy Shopping!
Make sure u do a more thorough homework before buying to avoid any regrets!
;)

go for the nikon 4300.. it a good camera to start wif.. I have friends who use
canon ixus500.. the feedback from them is also not bad...I would suggest you go down personally to try both the camera and have a feel of holding and using it...

I would suggest you go down cathay photo at penisula plaza.. the staff there are friendly and they can explain more about the cameras to you and the features... it will be better if you can bring someone who knows about camera down wif you..

happy shooting.. show us the photos u take from the new camera... ;)

aiya.. i dunno ar.. so sian dunno wat cam 2 buy.. i thou of getting panasonic FX-5 but ar.. they say e flash nt gd.. dunno isit true..

my frenx they recom mi 2 buy canon ixus 400 or 430 or casio z40. got any feedbacks for this products?

~LiNdA~ said:
aiya.. i dunno ar.. so sian dunno wat cam 2 buy.. i thou of getting panasonic FX-5 but ar.. they say e flash nt gd.. dunno isit true..

my frenx they recom mi 2 buy canon ixus 400 or 430 or casio z40. got any feedbacks for this products?

try this website.. www.dpreview.com.... you might be able to find useful reviews on the cams you wan. :)

jus go there c e reviews.. those model i wan review like so so lor.. but there 1 model olympus 750 review i tin nt bda bah.. any1 using tis cam?

my frenx own 1 olympus so i did brrow n used but notice tat at nite tk pic nt so nice.. so dunno olymplus gd nt leh :confused:

I just got myself an Olympus C-750UZ and highly recommend it !! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Quite suit your needs :

01. Budget = about $800
02. Megapixel count = 4.0 instead of 5.0
03. Optical zoom factor = 10x Optical Zoom (Zoom till 380mm)
04. Size = Compact not too bulky
05. Type of batteries used = AA batt (Can get from anywhere conveniently)
06. Weight = Not too heavy
10. What kind of pictures are you hoping to take? = For travel purpose. Very
good for day time pics, very sharp and crisp. As for night shots, some say not so good for night/low light condition, I havent try out to shoot at nite though.

One more advantage : Got manual control and hotshoe !!

how much u buy the olypmus?

I've got my Ixux500 for about a week now and am pretty pleased with it. It's compact and light, which is what I'm after. Have only taken indoor shots and it's been good :D

giraffed said:
I've got my Ixux500 for about a week now and am pretty pleased with it. It's compact and light, which is what I'm after. Have only taken indoor shots and it's been good :D

wat e diff btw Canon ixue 500,430 & 400 ar? got any idea?

the ixus430 and ixus500 models were launched very recently. to me, the ixus430 is very similar to the ixus400, both 4million pixels.. the ixus500 has 5million pixels! ;) You might wanna check out the canon website.. they have a comparison table there. or even CNet...

giraffed said:
the ixus430 and ixus500 models were launched very recently. to me, the ixus430 is very similar to the ixus400, both 4million pixels.. the ixus500 has 5million pixels! ;) You might wanna check out the canon website.. they have a comparison table there. or even CNet...

okie.. will go chk it out.. thanx ar..

No problem.. happy shopping :)

Status
Not open for further replies.