rechargeable on grip

kirkchua79

Jan 19, 2005
using 6 new GP 2700 for my grip but only last a while. is this normal? it shows full but after bout 10 mins it show no batt alrdy :(

were the new batteries running on the manufacturer's pre-charge power? i think you should charge it and try again

did u charge the battery before using?
or u just use it right after opening?
I don't thinkg the GP 2700 holds charge for long, like the recyko/eneloops/imedian, thus could be the batteries have been on the shelves for quite some time?

did u charge the battery before using?
or u just use it right after opening?
I don't thinkg the GP 2700 holds charge for long, like the recyko/eneloops/imedian, thus could be the batteries have been on the shelves for quite some time?

I've ever slapped 6 Eneloop batts in my grip (straight from packaging), can last at least 200shot (w/o flash) before flashing for change...it may be the batt that is weak.

Last edited:
I've ever slapped 6 Eneloop batts in my grip (straight from packaging), can last at least 200shot (w/o flash) before flashing for change...it may be the batt that is weak.

yup, the eneloops and imedian, not sure abt recyko are pre-charged, and holds charges for a very long
my imedions are working great

Last edited:
Agreed. Try it again. else it's time to change le...

I believe NiMH are not good for DSLRs. Something to do with lower voltage output if I remember right.
You might want to use a Li Ion battery like Eneloop.

Anyway it is not recommended to use AA batteries for our camera.
Only use it if you are really in a pinch with no more batteries and you really need to get that shot. Otherwise i would suggest just forget it.

Only use it if you are really in a pinch with no more batteries and you really need to get that shot. Otherwise i would suggest just forget it.

Or when you have no money to buy ENEL-4A & its charger for MB-D10...
Sorry... just ranting....

Eneloops are NiMH as well

Oops. My bad. Eneloops are some weird hybrid of alkaline and NiMH.

Ok. Just went back and did some research (read wikipedia and a few other websites. which I should have done earlier BEFORE my post. :D), it's alkalines which are a no-no.

There might be a bad cell in your NiMH batch. You should get the cells checked for capacity.

AA batteries are great with old film slrs though. :bsmilie: they work 'forever'

Eneloop on my BG lasted me approx 3days for my Spain trip with average 200-400 shots / day. Was pleasantly surprised ! Btw, I dun off my camera til nite time whn reach hotel too

remember to set yr camera to 'NiMH' on the 'MB-D10 batteries' in the custom menu. that should solve it. the NiMH batteries run on a lower voltage than LR-6 so if the setting is wrong yr cam will just say its low batt

remember to set yr camera to 'NiMH' on the 'MB-D10 batteries' in the custom menu. that should solve it. the NiMH batteries run on a lower voltage than LR-6 so if the setting is wrong yr cam will just say its low batt

huh? what camera is this?

Dumped all my other rechargeables and switched to Eneloops (I have 50 of them - 48 original Sanyos and 2 rebranded Sonys) and never looked back. There is just no better rechargeable AAs and AAAs.