rechargeable on grip

Oops. My bad. Eneloops are some weird hybrid of alkaline and NiMH.

Ok. Just went back and did some research (read wikipedia and a few other websites. which I should have done earlier BEFORE my post. :D), it's alkalines which are a no-no.

There might be a bad cell in your NiMH batch. You should get the cells checked for capacity.

Actually eneloops are also NiMH, just that it is LDNiMH (Low discharge NiMH) and they are the first to market for these LDNiHM batteries. not really a hybrid.

GP2700 is a high capacity standard NiMH battery. Meaning it will not hold its charge well. Once charged, it will start losing charge as soon as it is removed from the charger. LDNiMh only comes in lower capacities of around 1800 to 2100 mAh

huh? what camera is this?

Any of nikon's cameras which have an option for using AAs in the Grip.

Actually eneloops are also NiMH, just that it is LDNiMH (Low discharge NiMH) and they are the first to market for these LDNiHM batteries. not really a hybrid.

GP2700 is a high capacity standard NiMH battery. Meaning it will not hold its charge well. Once charged, it will start losing charge as soon as it is removed from the charger. LDNiMh only comes in lower capacities of around 1800 to 2100 mAh

Sanyo just released eneloop XX with 2500mAh capacity. and i just recently got some nice sanyo Harmolattice 2500mAh LDNiMH cells as well. the low capacity was the only thing holding me back from changing to them, but i got fed up with the 2700's failing on me time and time again.

The main reason why get Eneloops... is that it can hold its charge for a long time. I used them in flashes and not in the grip. If want to achieve 8 fps, you'll need 8x Alkaline AA, slightly higher voltage than NiMH batteries. IMHO the Sanyo 2000mAh is the best buy liao. Otherwise Imedion MAHAs.

Do a search in Amazon.com, there are tons of batteries' reviews and specifically this user "NLEE the engineer" tested and have useful evaluation/reviews.

fmeeran said:
There might be a bad cell in your NiMH batch. You should get the cells checked for capacity.

One of the battery might have gone bad. Find someone who have access to a internal resistance meter to check your cells