Rechargeable CR 123A

Status
Not open for further replies.

elcap

Dec 10, 2005
Hi,
anyone know where I can get the rechargeable version of CR123A. Cos I am using on my torchlight for work. Very ex to change it every fortnight.

Hi,
anyone know where I can get the rechargeable version of CR123A. Cos I am using on my torchlight for work. Very ex to change it every fortnight.

Which brand/model are u using?

Note: Not all torches using CR123A can use conventional RCR123 (or LIR123) (especially incan-bulb torches)
Li-ION rechargeable-cell full-charged voltage will be about 4.1~4.2V much higher than the CR123A @ 3.2-3.3V...

try those shops at Sim Lim Tower L1 / B1. saw a shop selling them recently (weeks ago). :)

Which brand/model are u using?

Note: Not all torches using CR123A can use conventional RCR123 (or LIR123) (especially incan-bulb torches)
Li-ION rechargeable-cell full-charged voltage will be about 4.1~4.2V much higher than the CR123A @ 3.2-3.3V...

how do I check whether can use rechargeable cos the torch was given to me as a gift with no brand markings on it.
thanks

how do I check whether can use rechargeable cos the torch was given to me as a gift with no brand markings on it.
thanks

no logo type? Hmm... I guesstimate it's a 2x CR123A (6.4~6.6V) LED torch using resistor direct-drive type, 2x rechargeable Li-ION cells (8.2~8.4V) will probably overdrive & "cook" the LED very fast.

If it's a 2xCR123A torch & comes with some driver circuit with a wider range of voltage input, u can try single-cell 3.7V "17670" Li-ION 1st & see if the brightness still maintain...

I have both "RCR123" & "17670" Li-ION rechargeable cell, if U got the pic of your torch or u can PM me
Cheers!

Hi,

There's this place in Sim Lim that sells almost all kinds of batteries. It's on the 2nd Floor. U take the escalator up to the 2nd flr, walk straight, and turn left. It's directly opposite a little canteen. They should have the battery and charger.

Matthew

Status
Not open for further replies.