Rechargeable batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

smartyatom

Oct 11, 2008
HI all
Need help on the following

I like to purchase rechargeable batteries for my flash(SB800). wondering is there any fellow CS member can give advise. which brand is worth for money, since there are so many band around. what are the thing i should look out for?

ideally I wonder stick to one brand, so that I only required to bring one charger. minimize weight;) look ofrward to hear from you guys.

Regards
Smartyatom

I have used/ tried many brands bought from different places. The answer seems to point towards Powerex (available at TK Foto/ Orient Photo) and Eneloope.

Now i am also trying to figure out how to charge them best...

I have used/ tried many brands bought from different places. The answer seems to point towards Powerex (available at TK Foto/ Orient Photo) and Eneloope.

Now i am also trying to figure out how to charge them best...
what do u mean by "charge them best"? just get a battery charger and charge them!

You don't need to go to a Camera shop to buy AA/AAA rechargeable batteries. These are consumer item, any superstores and hardware stores will sell them but from experience, try not to buy those overly cheap ones are they might be very old stock or rejected item.

A starter will buy as a set with 4 batteries + the charger. Stores will sell battery separately but some don't. Enelope seemed to be the talking point.

Point to note is never to drop the battery onto hard ground as it will spoil it. Heat during quick charge is the common reason that shortens the lifespan.

I like to purchase rechargeable batteries for my flash(SB800). wondering is there any fellow CS member can give advise. which brand is worth for money, since there are so many band around. what are the thing i should look out for?

if you use your flash often enough,

get 2700s from maha or something, or any reputable brand, and use maha powerex charger, both of these can be gotten at EASTGEAR

if you don't, then get eneloops, so you don't have to keep worrying about charging when using. these retain charge better. the only problem of course is that they have lower capacity, won't be able to provide as much juice. same charger to be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.