Rechargeable batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

victor

Jan 22, 2002
photozone
Visit site
Hi

New to digicam so wondering which type of rechargeable AA batteries are good for digicam , as in longer lasting ? Thanks !:)

Any NiMh rechargeables, they exhibit much less memory than NiCd batteries.

With regards to Ni Mh Brands, u can check out Steve's website at http://www.steves-digicams.com/nimh_batteries.html
There's a website that has battery comparison (can't remember url), but for me, as long as it's cheap and reasonable durable, i'm fine (using 1850Nimh batts).

The Sanyo 1850mah Nimh is well liked and recommended by many.. Mustafa sells 4 pieces for S$11.50.. :)

Originally posted by taicw
Any NiMh rechargeables, they exhibit much less memory than NiCd batteries.

With regards to Ni Mh Brands, u can check out Steve's website at http://www.steves-digicams.com/nimh_batteries.html
There's a website that has battery comparison (can't remember url), but for me, as long as it's cheap and reasonable durable, i'm fine (using 1850Nimh batts).

This is probably the website you mentioned....
Great battery shootout at Imaging Resource

Dont forget to get a good charger like the Maha or the Rayovac range! W3cube is going to bring in the PowerEx batteries soon. You may wanna keep a close look on their site. www.w3cube.com
Its local store. Of course, these PowerEx batts are the same ones that top the tests in those links above.

This may sound silly... but does it mean that the Maha or the Rayovac range of charger can charge batteries (regardless if they are of 1700 or 1850 Nimh) to their full potential?

Where can I get the different brands of batteries?

Interested in getting a few sets of Maha Powerex 1800s

Originally posted by JRTerrier
This may sound silly... but does it mean that the Maha or the Rayovac range of charger can charge batteries (regardless if they are of 1700 or 1850 Nimh) to their full potential?

As long as the charger is an intelligent one , it will be able to charge the batteries to their full potential, since instead of using timer cutoff, it uses delta-v detection (zero delta or negative delta) to detect when the batteries are full. :)

Originally posted by denizenx
LOL dark ray u're here too?

Here since long time ago already :D

Otherwise how to keep track of trends in the marketplace? :bsmilie: Just that I am not very active in posting only ;)

Originally posted by denizenx
haha, no news about the batt etc? the w3 forums a bit cold...

Which battery?

Powerex 1800mAh are probably coming in mid-December 2002 if nothing goes wrong.... For the Sanyo 2100mAh, we expect to have them sometime late next week at the earliest. But unfortunately, pricing not fixed yet since shipping is still unknown.

As mentioned before, the only definitely thing is that it will be less than S$20 nett for 4 pieces which should make them a bargin when compared to the GP 2000mAh which list for S$20 as well, but for 2 pieces. We ordered some quantity of battery cases from Maha, so we intend to bundle them together for sale as well :)

cool! my old collection of 1600 GP+Oly+Sanyos like mari kita soon...

Originally posted by DarkRay

Which battery?

Powerex 1800mAh are probably coming in mid-December 2002 if nothing goes wrong.... For the Sanyo 2100mAh, we expect to have them sometime late next week at the earliest. But unfortunately, pricing not fixed yet since shipping is still unknown.

The Sanyo 2100s are available in the market. Charging a few now. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.