Rechargeable batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanly

Oct 30, 2005
East
Which brand retain charge better and last longer?? (2500 NIMH)

Stanly said:
Which brand retain charge better and last longer?? (2500 NIMH)

It depends on usage. Brands like Sanyo, Sony, Energizer, Duracell, Kodak, Maha, Konnoc, Camelion (German Technology), Varta, Ray-O-Vac, etc.....

just DON'T get SANYO. Didn't you read all the threads about Sanyo batteries?

Sanyo ok one lah!

Probably this 2500 mAh is one time incident. Hope the new 2700 mAh should be no problem.
Btw, 2500 mAh incident coz such a hoo ha! could be partly due many ppl brought Sanyo then the problem easily surfaced. So far no one mentioned about GP or other brands which could also got similar problem where no many ppl own these batteries.

Just my opition.

Cheers

wind30 said:

Well, for that matter, SANYO is replacing the affected batteries. Currently, they are doing their own investigations on this matter.

Basically SANYO supplies their cells to other companies. Energizer and SONY are actually SANYO OEM cells.

wind30 said:

I have 2 sets (4 each) and they are not affected by that problem in the other thread. It is just a batch thing.

You cannot say that the Sanyo is no good just because some are bad.

wind30 said:
Sanyo has always been the preferred choice...

This time round can be considered an isolated incident... After all, Sanyo has admitted to the problem & has graciously offered to replace any affected batteries...

The best performing batteries though are not Sanyo, I think it has to be Maha Powerex series...

aloyteo said:
funny why no one using GP batteries?

I did since they started Rechargeable batteries couples of years ago by then they are quite popular and cheap. But now they are not that cheap or as popular to Sanyo. Certain shop or hardware store selling quite ex.

After these years more brands are coming out even normal Energizer and Duracell also join in arena.

So far the 1600 mAh GP I used still working fine thougt most I used are Sanyo.

I have something like 20+ pcs of Sanyo 2300 mah cells, accumulated over the past few years. recently i bought 4 pcs of GP 2500mah cells, and Varta 2300 mah cells.

it may not be a fair comparison as my sanyo cells may be getting tired, but the last pack of sanyo cells are less than 6mths old, so i think they should be in good condition still.

having said that, the GP and Varta cells hold their charge quite a bit longer. GP i've had for about a month, and the Varta ones i only just got, but i've used them in the office before.

Varta cells are not cheap, but then again the difference at the counter is only a few dollars. GP ones cost about $19 or so for a pack of 4 when i bought them. i figure i will try different brands for a while because 20+ pcs of sanyo cells makes it pretty hard to tell which ones are newer. LOL!

so i can have some free samples of ur bata batteries??? ;p ;p ;p
Dunnomuch said:
I have something like 20+ pcs of Sanyo 2300 mah cells, accumulated over the past few years. recently i bought 4 pcs of GP 2500mah cells, and Varta 2300 mah cells.

it may not be a fair comparison as my sanyo cells may be getting tired, but the last pack of sanyo cells are less than 6mths old, so i think they should be in good condition still.

having said that, the GP and Varta cells hold their charge quite a bit longer. GP i've had for about a month, and the Varta ones i only just got, but i've used them in the office before.

Varta cells are not cheap, but then again the difference at the counter is only a few dollars. GP ones cost about $19 or so for a pack of 4 when i bought them. i figure i will try different brands for a while because 20+ pcs of sanyo cells makes it pretty hard to tell which ones are newer. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.