Rechargeable batt for your flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

J2meePok

Jul 10, 2008
www.flickr.com
Not sure anyone use b4 Sanyo eneloop the batt.. need some advice on it?:)

Last edited:
i oso recommend it... esp love the ability to hold charge long... gd for backups...

holds charges well for sure.
good capacity as well althou i hope it could be better.
its a gd choice.

can try using those high cap batt like enegizer / imedion / powerex, then use the eneloop as backups (they hold charges real well)

Thanks for all the advice.. might try energizer and eneloop!:)

if u are just a casual user, its eneloop, imedion(powerex) or recylco(GP) all the way. iirc my set of eneloop lasted me 500+ small burst of flashes from sb600 and its still going on.;p don even need to bother about having another normal rechargable as main.

Using Imedions, cycling them thru 3 set of 4 batts

My previous 3yr old sanyo ni-mh 2500 recharagable batt abit crazy... Full charged before i bring to wcg... flash( sb-600 ) abt 5x.. no batt liao!:cry:

sanyo hold charge very well. I am surprise when (fully charged) left alone for 1 month still can use and take about 300+ shot on my PNS.

I am using that for my flash. Very good. Would recommend it.

If you need more capacity, I'd recommend PowerEx 2700. Very long-lasting batteries. If you need the 80% remaining charge after a year without charging then the Imedion ones are better but they are rated at only 2100mAH.

I'm using Eneloop and it works pretty well for my compact digital cameras and flash units..)

I used to have dozens of those old Sanyo NiMH batteries from IIRC 1600 to 2300 (?) mAH, but their performances could be occasionally variable, and boy did they all lose their charge quickly.

i believe eneloops hold their charges very well . used one set after a few months on my PnS. worked decently :)
However now that i usually charge my batteries the day / night before, i go for Powerex =)

Using eneloops.... no problem so far. I have something like 4 sets of 4 AA battries (total 16) :bsmilie:

Using 1 set for my PnS.... while the other 3 for my 580EX MkII when I'm on assignment. Just suggest you get the newer 'Quick Charger' over the older model.

My previous 3yr old sanyo ni-mh 2500 recharagable batt abit crazy... Full charged before i bring to wcg... flash( sb-600 ) abt 5x.. no batt liao!:cry:

u might hav got those batch that has problem. i encountered similar things b4 with the sanyo 2500. went to sanyo office @ orchard to exchange. very happy after that. but urs 3 yrs liao, not sure if they will exchange or not...

yea I do the same thing as wdEva :)

I have 2 sets of GP 2700 (4 per set), and 2 sets of Eneloops (4 per set) in case I dont have time to charge the GPs the night before.

yea I do the same thing as wdEva :)

I have 2 sets of GP 2700 (4 per set), and 2 sets of Eneloops (4 per set) in case I dont have time to charge the GPs the night before.

1 have 1 set of GP 2500 as well & 2 sets of Eneloop for back up. Good choice if u use Eneloop for back up though the capacity is not as much. :)

Do GPs have higher capacity as compared to the Eneloops? I'm thinking of switching to rechargeables. I shoot quite a bit of work so I have access to a lot of alkalines, but after a while the charging time becomes a nightmare... sadly they are not Energizer e2s, just plain old Panasonic alkalines.

How much can I expect to pay for one set of 4 eneloops with the quick charger?

Status
Not open for further replies.