Rechargeable AA Battery for flash?

enysc

Jul 29, 2009
Hey,
i just wanna know is it okay to use rechargeable AA battery for flash? If yes what brand is better, if no then isn't it costly.

thanks a mil :))

Yeah wy not, For me I use the sanyo eneloop batteries (coloured ones)

Rechargeable batteries can be used in flash. In long run, it is cheaper to operate using rechargeable batteries.

Some of the rechargeable battery brands are Sanyo, GP or Powerex.

There are several discussion threads about rechargeable batteries which you can look-up via Clubsnap search function.

i wonder, i'm using sony 2000mah 1.2v rechargeable batteries. but its flash does not flash when a shot was taken. could it be the batteries or the setting of my camera? i'm using canon 550d. the flash is the nissin flash given as a free gift when i bought my camera.

i wonder, i'm using sony 2000mah 1.2v rechargeable batteries. but its flash does not flash when a shot was taken. could it be the batteries or the setting of my camera? i'm using canon 550d. the flash is the nissin flash given as a free gift when i bought my camera.

There should be a flash ready LED light or icon on your flash. If it shows ready and no flash fired, then it is likely the carema setting or your flash to camera connection issue. U can also test fire your flash, there should a test button on your flash.

Did you switch on the flash?

Nissin flash as free gift? Are they so cheap or did the shop rip you off a bit?

Hey,
i just wanna know is it okay to use rechargeable AA battery for flash? If yes what brand is better, if no then isn't it costly.

catchlights has done a compilation of all the batteries threads.Do a search for it...

No problem with Sanyo Eneloop, GP Recyko and Sony CycleEnergy, i have used them on Nikon SB600 and SB900 (in rpt flash mode as well), all performed very well for me.

How long is the recycle time for your flash ? Maybe your flash is not "recharged" after the previous flash, and you took another shot ?

Hey,

It ok to use, and in fact recommended. IIRC, rechargable batteries will shorten the recycle time of some flash ?

I use Sony CycleEnergy. All ok thus far.

i using a sunblitz digi a628i, i was trying my first shot but it wont flash. i used it once using alkaline batt and it works. i dunno whether it's my settings or is the batt or the flash..lol.. sorry quite noob here..

eneloop :thumbsup:

i using a sunblitz digi a628i, i was trying my first shot but it wont flash. i used it once using alkaline batt and it works. i dunno whether it's my settings or is the batt or the flash..lol.. sorry quite noob here..

Sounds like problem is with your batteries. Try using them on other gadget and see if it works, Try to charge your batteries, and after they cool down , say 1 hr later, try to use them on ur flash. So far no issue for my rechargables on my land and underwater flash.

Last edited:
i found the problem. it is the contact pt of the flash.. somehow it is damage.. i tried in a shop with my batteries and work it with a canon 430ex II and it works fine!
now i'm sad that my flash is damage.=(

Hi Enysc,i use Enloop with battey-pack,last for 4 hrs event with my 58am flash 1/4-1/2 M output.:)

Take flash out, put it back in, try again....

Sometimes the contact pins are loose or somehow bent.

Even the canon 580 EXII has these kind of problems.

i used both GP and enelop .. both are ok