rechargable batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

teruranse

Dec 19, 2006
halo all... i know this is probably one of the most talk about thread in here but i guess i missed all of them...

my question are: 1) can i use a eneloop charger on other sanyo batteries? i understand both are also from sanyo and i need to use higher mH without buying another charger... 2) anyone here use higher mH then stated for their flash? will it spoilt the flash or not?

tks

A higher mAh rating only allows you a longer lifespan in terms of amount of shots able to be fired.... Nothing more than tat....

e.g. a 1000mAh set may only last you 100 shots, a 2000mAh set may allow you to last 200 shots, etc....

A higher mAh rating only allows you a longer lifespan in terms of amount of shots able to be fired.... Nothing more than tat....

e.g. a 1000mAh set may only last you 100 shots, a 2000mAh set may allow you to last 200 shots, etc....

i see... i tot if higher then the given spec will spoilt my flash... so now i can get a higher say 2700mAh for my flash instead of 2500mAh without worring about spoilting my flash... gee i really appreciate your input... tks

i'm using 5pcs POWEREX 2700mah for my SB800,...no problem , no overheat problem...

i see... i tot if higher then the given spec will spoilt my flash... so now i can get a higher say 2700mAh for my flash instead of 2500mAh without worring about spoilting my flash... gee i really appreciate your input... tks

Only worry if the voltage is higher.... ;)

halo all... i know this is probably one of the most talk about thread in here but i guess i missed all of them...

my question are: 1) can i use a eneloop charger on other sanyo batteries? i understand both are also from sanyo and i need to use higher mH without buying another charger... 2) anyone here use higher mH then stated for their flash? will it spoilt the flash or not?

tks

Like others said, higher current mAH will last you longer and will not damage flash. I am using 2700mAH types. All niMH are stated at 1.2V

Like to purchase a fast charging charger cos mine need 9hrs. Last time I brought it and never noticed such point. Now I saw '2 hrs charger' and able to change any brand as long as they are NiMH.

Broke again.

Like others said, higher current mAH will last you longer and will not damage flash. I am using 2700mAH types. All niMH are stated at 1.2V

Like to purchase a fast charging charger cos mine need 9hrs. Last time I brought it and never noticed such point. Now I saw '2 hrs charger' and able to change any brand as long as they are NiMH.

Broke again.

really? must be costly then? what brand is that?

not very long. mine 2100 last only 1week+. Fed up and went to get 3 pack of eneloop. Works like a charm.

Curious how long (without using) can the 2700mAH batteries hold their charge?:think:

I rotate my 5 sets of 2700mAh batteries... and at times, they can sit on the shelf for like 1 month or 2... and they still work, but at a lowered capacity. These batteries have a discharge curve which is much higher than the Eneloops or Imedions, but they can hold much more charge

I rotate my 5 sets of 2700mAh batteries... and at times, they can sit on the shelf for like 1 month or 2... and they still work, but at a lowered capacity. These batteries have a discharge curve which is much higher than the Eneloops or Imedions, but they can hold much more charge

Yup...in fact, if i leave them lying around for anything more than 2 weeks, i would charge them before i shoot again. They dont charge very well although i do get more shots out of each set of batts each time. =)

really? must be costly then? what brand is that?

You can find it at Havey Norman at JP (old wing), they display it near their counter. I think the price is S$30+ with 2 free batt (2hrs charger) and the 1hr charger is about $60-70 if I remember correctly.

Still tempted to get at least the 2hrs type.

Happy CNY

READ carefully on the specs for the fast chargers.... they can dump really high amounts of power into the batteries and if your batteries are low capacity, they may be at risk fo being damaged.

And using slow charge is much better for both the battery and charger... they last longer.

Can we charge eneloop batteries on other charger?
i got a Sony charger with discharge function.
i dunno if i can use it

please advice as well thanks !

i dunno if i can use it

If it's not a fast charger, generally it should be ok

I have a 2-year old 2700m Ni-MH sanyo batteries. Only charged them between 16-20 times over this 2-year period for my digicam.
Currently my digicam shows the "low battery" icon very very soon after I insert fully-charged batteries. In fact, just after a few shots!?!?
Usually it will last me for a few hundred shots.

Is it end-of-life already?!?!? I thought can charge them hundreds of times!

i dunno if i can use it

Charger can charge any battery but for Eneloop Battery not recommend for discharge function because battery is super low discharge rate,keeping up to 85% of charged energy even after 1 year.

I have a 2-year old 2700m Ni-MH sanyo batteries. Only charged them between 16-20 times over this 2-year period for my digicam.
Currently my digicam shows the "low battery" icon very very soon after I insert fully-charged batteries. In fact, just after a few shots!?!?
Usually it will last me for a few hundred shots.

Is it end-of-life already?!?!? I thought can charge them hundreds of times!
For any 2700 Battery can charge up to 500 time or 1 year+ to 2 year which ever come 1st.
For Eneloop Battery I using about 2+ year so far so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.