Rechargable Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

smtan24

Dec 21, 2005
Tampines
I'm thinking of getting rechargable batteries for use with my flash and camera. What do you all recommend. I was thinking of getting the Maha Powerex. Are they any good?

I'm thinking of getting rechargable batteries for use with my flash and camera. What do you all recommend. I was thinking of getting the Maha Powerex. Are they any good?

Please do a search in future... been discussed plenty of times.

Yes, Maha PowerEx is a good choice for many.

The Powerex is not bad. I jighly recommend Sanyo Eneloops and GP ReCyko as they retain battery power even after a long while of not using them.

Eastgear seem to have a good deal on the The Maha/PowerEx C-204F and it comes with 4 2700mAh batteries. That's why I was asking if it was any good.

Eastgear seem to have a good deal on the The Maha/PowerEx C-204F and it comes with 4 2700mAh batteries. That's why I was asking if it was any good.

Bought that during the previous PC show. Love it. Also bought the MH-C401FS recently with a set of batteries. Good stuff.

Sanyo Eneloops are the best for me! a 2000mHa batt lasts for an entire wedding shoot! :D

Do note that if you bump up the ISO to 800-1600, shoot at f/2.8 (Or bigger), the power consumption of your batteries would be less than at a lower ISO and f/5.6.

The mAh rating is the capacity of the cell which it can hold. Hence, the higher the number, the more energy it can hold per charge. ;)

I use the 2007mAh PowerEx cells without any problems.

I used the 2500mAh batteries that came with the Sanyo 15min charger before . Perhaps they were not well charged in 15 mins, but alkalines seemed to last longer. So anyway, I now use alkalines for the flash. It's not environmentally friendly, but I don't use the flash that often either. Challenger sells them for $1.20 for 4.

Got myself the Recyko+. Its the fast charger of 6 hours. I intend to use this in my SLR camera and I'm thinking of getting the Maha Powerex for my flash. What do you all think?

Got myself the Recyko+. Its the fast charger of 6 hours. I intend to use this in my SLR camera and I'm thinking of getting the Maha Powerex for my flash. What do you all think?

Why don't you try it and tell us if it's good

I used the 2500mAh batteries that came with the Sanyo 15min charger before . Perhaps they were not well charged in 15 mins, but alkalines seemed to last longer. So anyway, I now use alkalines for the flash. It's not environmentally friendly, but I don't use the flash that often either. Challenger sells them for $1.20 for 4.

You need to charge overnight for 1st use

Just charged my Recyko+ batteries. They took longer than 6 hrs stated on the packaging. Maybe they meant it for one battery. Anyway will hook it to my SLR see how it goes.

Just charged my Recyko+ batteries. They took longer than 6 hrs stated on the packaging. Maybe they meant it for one battery. Anyway will hook it to my SLR see how it goes.
Did GP recyko+ come ready use like Sanyo eneloop?

Regards,
Arto.

Did GP recyko+ come ready use like Sanyo eneloop?

Regards,
Arto.

Forgot to check. I straight away went to charge. Anyway from the webpage they say they are precharged.

AR03-os.gif

sanyo 2500 last time got lotsa prob. got a few batch faulty and recalled. too troublesome to go heeren there. dunno got queue last time?

Status
Not open for further replies.