Rechargable batteries - what do you use ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lensman

Feb 12, 2002
Singapore & Hong Kong
When shopping for battery that day for my MD player (AA size). Saw a few varity and brands around.

Just curious, may I ask :

a. what are the capacity of rechargable NiMH battery that you normally use (AA & AAA size) ? Can't say about Li-ion as they are not universal size for all purpose.

b. Are they really good value for $$$ and worth it ?

c. Do they really make it to the "1000 times" mark ? Is it under lab controlled test condition taht they reached 1000 X ?

c. Other than being free, what would be a fair price to pay for the rechargable NiMH (AA & AAA size)

I sue Sanyo 2300. Rechargable batteries are cheap compared to 5 years ago. And even if I can use it for 6 months or a year it is still a good deal to me. IMHO brand is not too important.

jbma said:
I sue Sanyo 2300. Rechargable batteries are cheap compared to 5 years ago. And even if I can use it for 6 months or a year it is still a good deal to me. IMHO brand is not too important.

u SUE?..hehe..nvm, typo...
yeh i use sanyo 2300 too...cost me RM 32 per pair...how much izzit over there in Sg?

i use only 1 set of 4 sanyos 2100 & the rest are GPs, 1600 1st time i bought & rest 2000... long time never buy batteries already... only regret is y dun they come out with a rechargable alkaline battery or mayb lithium/titanium AA rechargable...

think eastgear sells sanyo cheap...

am using sony 2300..
u r using for ya discman rite ?
brand doesnt really matter in any aspect

Alan Photo in Sim Lim is selling $3 for 2100mAH sanyos. I think EastGear sells them very cheap too. Else it's like $4 each for the 2300mAH Sanyos. Cheap and good.

nick_drake said:
yeh i use sanyo 2300 too...cost me RM 32 per pair...how much izzit over there in Sg?

Eastgear is selling 4 pieces of Sanyo 2300 at only S$16 (RM35).

nick_drake said:

where did u buy the sanyo battery in Malaysia ??

zelot said:
am using sony 2300..
u r using for ya discman rite ?
brand doesnt really matter in any aspect

Thanks for the feedback.

I am going to use them for my MD-player. Also thinking of using it with my new Canon A300, which uses 2 pcs of AA.

Still can tahan I suppose ?

But dunno which brand better or more lasting leh ?

2100 said:
Wow!

But GP tends to overrate their batts a little more than Sanyo.

Er, I dun understand this. Is GP bragging about their stuff or something ? :dunno:

well dun hv to bother so much, not sure which MD player u using, but mine using 1600 still can last a week for non-stop playing (i forgot to stop it...) LP2 songs

jumbocrab said:
Nowadays already got 2500mAH:
http://www.gpbatteries.com.hk/html/products/rechargeable_hydride.html

Wonder what the limit is going to be?

I am not surprised if the limit has been upped to 2500mAH by GP. Technology keeps on improving and it's a matter of time the limit will go up just like storage cards for digicam where the capacity keeps on increasing.

It's good news for users of cameras that use rechargeable NiMH AA batteries. You get better batteries over time vs cameras using proprietary batteries.

I am using Sanyo rech batt and to be honest, they are quite good. Std charge is now abt 2100 mAh. Had 3 sets for almost 9 mths now. To be honest, they don't last as long as alkaline, but with the price, (abt SGD 4 per batt or SGD 15 per set of 4), what the heck...

I am not a pro photographer, but I shoot abt once a week, and the equivalent of 10 rolls (abt 300-400 shots) in digital (D100), mostly flash shots, and I figured rech batt has saved me a considerable sum. 1 set usually lasts abt 2 to 3 rolls equivalent.

Hope this helps...

it drain off faster.
i using 1 set of 4 2100mAh and another 1 set of 4 2300mAh.
both sanyo.

Lensman said:
Jamestan

may i ask what do you mean that they dun last as long as alkaline ?

I don't agree with Jamestan's statement too. I have tested both type of batteries and the alkaline is nowhere as longlasting as the NiMH batteries. I am sure those who have used both type of batteries will concur with me. Maybe those NiMH batteries Jamestan used had been fully charged and left unused for quite sometime before he used them on his photographic eqpt. As we know, such batteries if left unused could lose its power over time. That could probably led him to believe that NiMH is less powerful than alkaline.

redstorm said:
I don't agree with Jamestan's statement too. I have tested both type of batteries and the alkaline is nowhere as longlasting as the NiMH batteries. I am sure those who have used both type of batteries will concur with me. Maybe those NiMH batteries Jamestan used had been fully charged and left unused for quite sometime before he used them on his photographic eqpt. As we know, such batteries if left unused could lose its power over time. That could probably led him to believe that NiMH is less powerful than alkaline.

It depends on what devices the batts are used on. Got high drain devices such as Digicams, Nimh will last longer.( read: much longer) .For constant drain devices such as discmans akaline will last longer

Status
Not open for further replies.