Rechargable batteries - what do you use ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
nick_drake said:
u SUE?..hehe..nvm, typo...
yeh i use sanyo 2300 too...cost me RM 32 per pair...how much izzit over there in Sg?

Sing dollar $15 to 16 for 4 pcs.. ;)

jamestan said:
I am using Sanyo rech batt and to be honest, they are quite good. Std charge is now abt 2100 mAh. Had 3 sets for almost 9 mths now. To be honest, they don't last as long as alkaline, but with the price, (abt SGD 4 per batt or SGD 15 per set of 4), what the heck...

I am not a pro photographer, but I shoot abt once a week, and the equivalent of 10 rolls (abt 300-400 shots) in digital (D100), mostly flash shots, and I figured rech batt has saved me a considerable sum. 1 set usually lasts abt 2 to 3 rolls equivalent.

Hope this helps...

Are u sure?? maybe yr batteries have reaching their life spans..

markccm said:
Which is a better buy?

Sanyo? Sony? GP?

Which one last the longest?

Thanks

Sanyo 2300mAh is the best buy. S$15 for 4 pcs. There are quite a few discussions on them. Try doing a search in the forum. :)

I have been using GP NiMH rechargable batteries (AA and AAA sized) since 1998 on a daily basis, and I have NEVER had any problems with them. They're built as solid as tanks. I use them on all sorts of things.. my Panasonic SL-SV500 personal CD player, my Handspring Visor Deluxe, and even my Canon 430EZ Speedlite. Highly recommended.

From what I have seen ... the greater capacity batteries eg. 2500ma have lower recharge counts than lower eg. 2000ma ... the figure is also influenced by the speed of the fast chargers.
My thought ... try to cram more/faster into the same space = shorter life.
:bsmilie: :p :bsmilie:

How about batteries for my D70? I was quoted 95 for the original battery and about 20 cheaper for compatible ones (can't remember the brand).

My question, would it make a difference if I use a compatible one? Bearing in mind the compatible one cost only about 20 less, should I invest in an original one?

But then again, if the compatible one offers more 'bang for the buck', ie if it lasts longer than the original ones.

Advise pls? :dunno:

Umm.. newbie here.

My Sanyo NC-MQR03-UEX-SS Refresh Quick charger makes a funny hissing noise when charging. Is this normal?

Thx.

AngKuGuay said:
How about batteries for my D70? I was quoted 95 for the original battery and about 20 cheaper for compatible ones (can't remember the brand).

My question, would it make a difference if I use a compatible one? Bearing in mind the compatible one cost only about 20 less, should I invest in an original one?

But then again, if the compatible one offers more 'bang for the buck', ie if it lasts longer than the original ones.

Advise pls? :dunno:

Dude, the compatible batteries for the D70 are much less than just $20 off the original quoted. Think
Eastgear is selling compatible EN-EL3 for $30 only... don't get conned by whatever shop quoted that price to you. Original EN-EL3 can be bought for less than $90, or PM sykestang or espn- one of them had a EN-EL3 MO a few months ago

Frankly speaking, unless you shoot events etc, a second battery is not very important for the D70 -I've never had to use my spare battery when out on shoots, even after filling up my 1GB card (assuming your current battery is fully charged) :bsmilie:

Nowadays they are so cheap! so cheap that u can use them like normal batteries! :)

Goodfella said:
Umm.. newbie here.

My Sanyo NC-MQR03-UEX-SS Refresh Quick charger makes a funny hissing noise when charging. Is this normal?

Thx.

Uh, don't have that particular charger (am using the Maha), but I don't think its supposed to make ANY sound at all.. call up the shop and ask lor, and in the meantime, don't use the charger, after explode only you know :eek:

Goodfella said:
Umm.. newbie here.

Thx.

yes, mine too. but the noise is not that loud, so, bear with it. :)

Gymrat76 said:
Frankly speaking, unless you shoot events etc, a second battery is not very important for the D70 -I've never had to use my spare battery when out on shoots, even after filling up my 1GB card (assuming your current battery is fully charged) :bsmilie:

Agree, but the problem is that you always need to ensure it's fully charged before you leave home, which turn out to be charging much more often. And psychologically, you always don't feel safe once you see the low batt sign appears.

Now I have two backup batteries, and never have above problems anymore. :)

release said:
yes, mine too. but the noise is not that loud, so, bear with it. :)

Hi there. What do you mean by 'not that loud'? :think:

For me, I'm charging it in my room, but I can hear the sound even when I'm in the hall. Quite irritating actually.

Goodfella said:
Hi there. What do you mean by 'not that loud'? :think:

For me, I'm charging it in my room, but I can hear the sound even when I'm in the hall. Quite irritating actually.

Oh, that's loud! I charge it on my computer table, and I can hear the noise when use my computer, but not when I step out from the room. ;)

Gymrat76 said:
Dude, the compatible batteries for the D70 are much less than just $20 off the original quoted. Think
Eastgear is selling compatible EN-EL3 for $30 only... don't get conned by whatever shop quoted that price to you. Original EN-EL3 can be bought for less than $90, or PM sykestang or espn- one of them had a EN-EL3 MO a few months ago

Hey there.. thanks for the help man! Lucky I did not get conned by the people at Harvey Norman... hehehe...

Being a typical Singaporean, I wanted to get an extra battery for contigencies... ;)

Comparing the original EN-EL3 and the compatible, whats the difference other than the price?

Goodfella said:
Umm.. newbie here.

Thx.

Mine makes noise too but not as loud as yours. I use it in my room and i can only hear it if i put my ear bout 30cm away from it.

I think you better check with the shop you bought it from.

Status
Not open for further replies.