Recent Macros.....and if I had FZ30.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

tchuanye

Staff member
Mar 4, 2003
Visit site
Took some macros recently and to share them here.

Damselfly and Bird

Dragonfly

Well, played with the FZ30 in COMEX, and first impressions was that it was rather big in my hands. Felt abit awkward holding it....but maybe have to get used to it. For macros, well, the LCD tilt and the F11 max apeture are the ones that I will find most useful. 8MP would also allow me more room to crop. The other functions like the 2 command dials are a bonus.

Quite disappointed with the high price though....pesonally, I think they price themselves abit too high....KM5D is ~S$1350. OF course, as a system, DSLR would cost much much more, but at S$1199 for a prosumer may be abit too high nowadays. If DSLR price can drop, prosumer can drop also I think.....anyway, will wait out on this one.....

tchuanye said:
Quite disappointed with the high price though....pesonally, I think they price themselves abit too high....KM5D is ~S$1350. OF course, as a system, DSLR would cost much much more, but at S$1199 for a prosumer may be abit too high nowadays. If DSLR price can drop, prosumer can drop also I think.....anyway, will wait out on this one.....

me too...

:bsmilie: :sweat:

We had yet to see any lumixer owned a fz30..
any good/bad feedback from that person would be the one to spearhead/or trash the sale
hmm....anyone? :)

the fz30 will only arrive earliest end of Sep according to the comex people, so you should not be seeing any till then...unless someone parallel imported from Brazil! :bsmilie:

airconvent said:
the fz30 will only arrive earliest end of Sep according to the comex people, so you should not be seeing any till then...unless someone parallel imported from Brazil! :bsmilie:

Weren't they selling it at comex?

The Fz30 can be found at the ebay website..
The price is around 1200+ inclusive postage and that is really too expensive.
Almost can buy a Nikon D50 with freebie

At that kind of price....i will never get the FZ30. I'm already sick of the FZ20 noise so no more FZ camera or rather no more compact digital camera for me. Just my opinion.

lightning69 said:
At that kind of price....i will never get the FZ30. I'm already sick of the FZ20 noise so no more FZ camera or rather no more compact digital camera for me. Just my opinion.

so can share on how you use the FZ camera?

It is understood high iso produce noise. so you always only choose to shoot on high iso day or night or beacuse you don't know high iso produce noise??? Pardon me as i don't know how you get sick of it and make the point till the FZ camera seems so useless.

Just my opinion too.

Anyone knows anyone that pre-ordered the fz30??? Or is there anyone who pre-ordered but just popping by here??? :)

I'm still anxiously waiting for fz30's virgin post in here... :sweat:

dominator said:
It is understood high iso produce noise. so you always only choose to shoot on high iso day or night or beacuse you don't know high iso produce noise??? Pardon me as i don't know how you get sick of it and make the point till the FZ camera seems so useless.
What one perceives as "noisy" is subjective - no need to ridicule him.
Similarly what is "high iso" to you may be just normal iso setting to a SLR/dSLR user since they are capable of producing pics with acceptable (again subjective) noise even at 1600 or 3200, far beyond that available in any FZ.
I own an FZ10 as well as an SLR and a dSLR but can't get as low noise levels from the FZ at the same iso settings or get the same image quality. However, it may be that I also do not know how to use the FZ10 properly. Since you claimed in the thread, http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?p=1526322#post1526322
that the FZ10 produces better pics than dSLR, would you be so kind as to tell me how to do so?

Got ppl pre-order meh? :think: At tat kinda price? :sweat: So big fan of Lumix meh?

AncientMariner said:
dominator said:
What one perceives as "noisy" is subjective - no need to ridicule him.
Similarly what is "high iso" to you may be just normal iso setting to a SLR/dSLR user since they are capable of producing pics with acceptable (again subjective) noise even at 1600 or 3200, far beyond that available in any FZ.
I own an FZ10 as well as an SLR and a dSLR but can't get as low noise levels from the FZ at the same iso settings or get the same image quality. However, it may be that I also do not know how to use the FZ10 properly. Since you claimed in the thread, http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?p=1526322#post1526322
that the FZ10 produces better pics than dSLR, would you be so kind as to tell me how to do so?

Hmm..althought I am tired due to night shift now but I can read clearly someone is trying to flame me! Who?
Oh no, why you put words in people mouth? Are you borned with that attitude. Where is the "FZ10 produces better pics than dSLR" which you CLAIMED I had claimed? Eat your words please! :think: Since when I claimed that.....

no, I am kind but since I never claimed FZ10 produces better pics than dslr so I cannot tell you how to do so.

by the way, I got a feeling you feels that a FZ10 will never produces better pics than dslr. is it true? if true;
Can you tell me how to produces better pics with dslr than FZ10 or any FZ cams? I need your expertise advice if possible. Thanks in advance here.

Myself, I thinks imo(imo in case you get too sensitive again) any prosumers can have a chance to produce better pics than dslr. but dslr is good as can have more control, lens...etc. prosumers is good too sometimes since everything is fix and not troublesome. But if you are LOUSY what camera you take, you produce lousy photos! :bsmilie:

Hai..back to work again!
Wasted so much time... :sweat:
My apology for OFF TOPIC and to lightning69 if you think I ridicule you as claimed by this AncientM~~

dominator said:
[...
Oh no, why you put words in people mouth? Are you borned with that attitude. Where is the "FZ10 produces better pics than dSLR" which you CLAIMED I had claimed? Eat your words please! :think: Since when I claimed that.....

no, I am kind but since I never claimed FZ10 produces better pics than dslr so I cannot tell you how to do so.

I already provided the link in my previous post.
Remember this?
dominator said:
no you cannot say get noisy pic.
that applies if only you use something like iso400. the only problem.
not so good for night use.

and in daytime, anytime it can be compare with a DSLR imo or even better!
i got a FZ5 and so many times i think it win-win a dslr for day shots.[/
QUOTE]

Did you not post that?

AncientMariner said:
I already provided the link in my previous post.
Remember this?
dominator said:

i got a FZ5 and so many times i think it win-win a dslr for day shots.[/
QUOTE]

Did you not post that?

Yo right i posted that! This one is correct. Anyway i can't be bothered with people like you.
You **** eyes is working badly. haha. :sticktong

dominator said:

i got a FZ5 and so many times i think it win-win a dslr for day shots.

AncientMariner, cool it dude... maybe for some people, with their skills, they can get better quality images with the FZ5 vs a DSLR, then that is good for them lor... can save money buying image stabilised lens with DSLR. :)

dominator said:
so can share on how you use the FZ camera?

Just my opinion too.

I hope i'm not starting another hot debate about noise again. I use my FZ20 with ISO 80 and sometimes ISO100. I hardly go beyong that because I don't like seeing noise. Noise in itself is quantitative...i mean it can be clearly seen and compare with our own eyes. But it is very subjective when it comes to different viewers. Some don't mind a little(or even a lot) of it but it doen't mean its not there.

I hardly print more than 5% of my photo and i mostly a view my photo on my large LCD screen. At large size, noise become very apparent and that is why i will not consider another FZ cam.

The other reasons is because of more flexibilties. I would like to be able to use higher ISO such as ISO400, ISO800, or even ISO1600 but that is just not possible on the FZ20. Just my opinion.

I suppose your only upgrade avenue is to a Canon dSLR. Nikon D100 or D70s's ISO1600 is not exactly usable as compared. IMO D70's ISO800 not much better than FZ20's ISO100 which to you is not usable.

Hmmm anyway I wish to ask, do you take your photos at full 5MP? if u do, unless you have a 21" or bigger LCD, you can't have a native resolution that allows you to view the photos at 100% viewing at 50%, most of the noise would hardly be visible. However if you were to take at lower resolution... ermz why even consider handicapping your own camera???

*edit: Because a LCD is inherently very bad at displaying graphics not customized for it, I'd suggest you resize your photos for the resolution at which your LCD is limited to. You wouldn't want to have the LCD carry out it's own resizing algorithmn on your photos rite? unless you own a high end Viewsonic LCD of course, used at it's native resolution.

Seems like getting OT.

Please lets all be friendly, and don't get harsh with one another.:D

End of the day, different people have different views, and we can all agree to disagree. If noise to one is bad so be it, if its acceptable, so be it.

At the end of the day, its the picture that it comes out that matters....regardless from prosumer, P&S or DSLR.

Just to illiustrate: Give a P&S to a master, and the person can shoot pics that WOW pp. Give a DSLR to another person, the shots may be so-so.......the point is that the camera is only a TOOL.

Work around the camera's limitation, maximise the good pts and be happy with the shots you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.