Reccommend a Tripod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adelfin

Dec 18, 2005
Earth
Hello...
i'm looking for a good tripod at a reasonable price...preferably one with a ball head and a hook... anyone know of any? intro to me?
thanks..;)

Adelfin said:
Hello...
i'm looking for a good tripod at a reasonable price...preferably one with a ball head and a hook... anyone know of any? intro to me?
thanks..;)

budget?

I second Gitzo too. An explorer with a ball head. Really flexible.

I also cast my vote for Gitzo.

I am a working professional and I personally find Gitzos too troublesome. FYI, I use Gitzos at my workplace.

Twist-lock vs. lever-lock, I will choose lever-lock anytime. Faster and less hassle.

photobum said:
I am a working professional and I personally find Gitzos too troublesome. FYI, I use Gitzos at my workplace.

Twist-lock vs. lever-lock, I will choose lever-lock anytime. Faster and less hassle.
Pro comment sia... :thumbsup:

photobum said:

Pro...wow:bigeyes:

Goldenstars08 said:
Pro...wow:bigeyes:

Pro or no pro. Photography is a learning process. The main reason we are pros because we make more mistakes than anyone else.

photobum said:
Pro or no pro. Photography is a learning process. The main reason we are pros because we make more mistakes than anyone else.

Not just photography, a lot more besides that. :cool:

jykw said:
Not just photography, a lot more besides that. :cool:

Yes, you are right! The expectation on pros is so much higher, which gradually leads to unnecessary stress, and then, chronic health problems down the road.

Oh.... Let's not forget the art of "kissing the behind of clients and customers". This takes years of refinement. An amateur or hobbyist only need to please him or herself.

Adelfin,
If you don't mind panhead instead of ballhead, I recommend Slik 500DX. The price is reasonable, too. I have Slik 300DX. I found it quite solid and easy to operate but I wish the lever-lock found in 500DX.

Right now i'm looking for one which can support my 350d..and would be stable enough to support any future lenses that i buy... i'm looking at it as an investment...I don't really know the prices and how good the different tripods are so i hope someone could help me..:D

Adelfin said:
Right now i'm looking for one which can support my 350d..and would be stable enough to support any future lenses that i buy... i'm looking at it as an investment...I don't really know the prices and how good the different tripods are so i hope someone could help me..:D

Buy a Manfrotto. It is cheaper and user-friendlier than Gitzo. Slik is not bad too. My first tripod 25 years ago was a Slik. It lasted for about 8 years before one of the plastic lever-lock broke off.

The Gitzo my dad used in his studio 30yrs ago are still working today..

kex said:
The Gitzo my dad used in his studio 30yrs ago are still working today..

Hey... Long time no see! Remember me? I sold you my wooden field camera, lens, etc.

Anyway, both Gitzo and Manfrotto makes good tripods. I, however, find Manfrotto tripods easier to use. I have a carbon fiber Gitzo and I seldom touch it.

sprint pro?
cheap and good. :thumbsup:

i use a velbon because my casual shooting cant justify the price of a gitzo.. you have a choice of the 630 or a 640 depending on the lock system you prefer. doesnt have a hook though. for a ball head, get the best you can afford.

Status
Not open for further replies.