Reccomendations on a Compact Digital P&S

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleeper

Jun 23, 2004
Melbourne
Hi all, my mum is planning to get herself a new P&S for everyday shooting as well as to take some macro shots of her orchid collection. She seems quite interested in the Panasonic FX7, which i think is a good camera. Though for the same price point the Canon A95 seems like a better buy, abiet being a bit chunkier. Anyone has any reccomendation? Budget is ~700(well she told me 700 but she mentioned the FX7 today which is 799RRP). I think what she wants is something that looks sleek, but has more functions than your average P&S... Most importantly being a good macro mode.

Since your mum likes FX7 ... well then get her this cam .. :)

Just to make sure that she is happy with this cam ... tells her all the pros and cons before commit ......

get them what they ask for is the best solution
many ppl buy camera for family/gf and choose a model that the function they dun use
like all those manual mode ,camera setting blah blah blah
lens quality, ccd size, image quality blah blah blah
and often get complain like ... the camera is too big, not stylish enough, hard to use blah blah blah :D :bsmilie:

what they want is small size that can fit to pocket and big LCD :bsmilie:

i found this quite ture hope this help :angel:

latmo said:
get them what they ask for is the best solution
many ppl buy camera for family/gf and choose a model that the function they dun use
like all those manual mode ,camera setting blah blah blah
lens quality, ccd size, image quality blah blah blah
and often get complain like ... the camera is too big, not stylish enough, hard to use blah blah blah :D :bsmilie:

what they want is small size that can fit to pocket and big LCD :bsmilie:

i found this quite ture hope this help :angel:

Totally agree!!!! ;)

A95 if you don't mind its size and weight.

FX7 !! :vhappy:

Cos within your mum's budget, MS color and AP are selling at about $660.00
with freebies.

Most important thing is FX7 has got OIS for shaky hands and big 2.5" screen
which your mum will love admiring her orchids on it. :)

Most ladies likes small cams, ones that can fit into the handbags yet trendy and stylish. Most digicams have a macro function and would be able to suit her purpose. Bring her down to John 3:16 whom I knew for almost 20 years will help. They may even let you excahnge the cam if your mum is not happy with it.

Minolta Xg/Xt. Small, light and nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.