Reccomendation < $1000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest update. Finally got on hand the D70 from my friend. It comes with Nikkor AF-S 18-70mm 3.5-4.5G ED DX and 50mm 1.8D. Both lens equipped with filters. I'm really grateful :)

However, i need to buy 2nd battery and camera bag. Any recommendation and where to buy?

hi bro
i tink any reputable shops have the items u require.
my friend just bought a lowerpro bag from cathay at penisular and got free gifts on top of that..
or u can consider 2nd hand items from the buy & sell section. :)

look for 2nd hand 190AW lowepro at 45-55 at b&s section. u might be able to get a brand new 1!! like me...haha

I saw it. But it seems too big and bulky o_O

better buy a bigger one.. at least can put in other stuff.. and maybe more lenses in future when u expand ur collection. :)

SX-20, unless you wan the powerful zoom, 560mm Optical, or 80X Digital, the quality barely make it even if you are in the optical range.

On the other hand, it's a nice and friendly enough cam, but only certain settings access is a little cumbersome.

Yep yep. Really like the 50mm f/1.8 hehe

Here is my 2c

I would rather spend good money on a high-end compact camera den on a low-end DSLR.

Furthermore you mention that you are going on a honeymoon and a compact camera would be a very good all-in-one (provided you get one with wide angle + long zoom)

I would choose between LX3 and S90

I will still go with a "ok" end 2nd hand dSLR. Especially if you are a beginner. Using a compact as a substitute can actually require a lot of photography experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.