Rebel DSLR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes yes!! Nikon better come out with D88!! :) Best if bundled with a 24-105 VR lens! :)

Nikonian Foo said:
Alamak.....looks like a budget version....I hope Nikon come out with one also!
I think this is Canon's answer to Pentax's D*ist

Looks promising. Specifications very close to 10D it seems..... , built quality seems to be the main difference. Hmm...... higher X-sync speed than S2 Pro, and faster motor drive. Performance on paper seem equivalent to the D100. Wouldnt that be a rival to the 10D in many respects ? Hope the price is good. Looks terribly plastiky... argh.

apart from plasticky body,
different button layout
no custom funciton
no 3200 iso,
slightly different batt life.

its the same as 10D.
same cmos sensor, same AF.

and it allows EF-S mount, allowing incredibly cheap wide angle zoom lenses!!

200 gms lighter, and MUCH MUCH CHEAPER... INCLUDING a 18-55mm EF-S bundled in!!

sprockett said:
apart from plasticky body,
different button layout
no custom funciton
no 3200 iso,
slightly different batt life.

its the same as 10D.
same cmos sensor, same AF.

and it allows EF-S mount, allowing incredibly cheap wide angle zoom lenses!!

200 gms lighter, and MUCH MUCH CHEAPER... INCLUDING a 18-55mm EF-S bundled in!!

The look of the EOS Rebel Digital is really very terrible. Bet they purposely did this so as to justify the difference in cost with the 10D.

As for ISO 1600 and ISO 3200, 10D users, does the ISO 1600 and ISO 3200 produce usable images in the first place? Or too grainy to consider?

Think if you buy the package bundles with the lens, will cost more. Supposedly will have option to buy w/o the lens.

Hi

well u know wat? i have always thought that my 10D (as well as the D30 i once owned) IS the digital rebel. :devil:

guess my camera just got "upgraded" along the product line..... hahaha

Let us look at the Weight and Dimension of this new rebel comparing to its brothers, here is a comparison. We can see an increasing Rebel to Elan weight and dimension Ratio. The EOS 300D have a grip almost as thick as the EOS 10D

WEIGHT

EOS 500N Vs EOS 50
400g : 595g (67%)

EOS 300V Vs EOS 30
365g : 580g (63%)

EOS 300D Vs EOS 10D
560g : 790g (70%)

Dimension

EOS 500N Vs EOS 50
146x92x62 : 153x105x71 (90%)

EOS 300V Vs EOS 30
130x88x64 : 146.7x103x69 (89%)

EOS 300D Vs EOS 10D
142x99x72.9 : 150x107x75 (95%)

djchris said:
strange..i dun see the problem with having plastic..

I always see having plastic as a plus point.

Plastic don't Rust or Conduct electricity :p

I think EOS 300D is 30% lighter than EOS 10D mainly because it is plastic. Those who are used to the weight of a EOS 30 hanging on your neck would not find the weight of a EOS 300D too significant. Can we ask a EOS 10D owner how it feel having 790g plus lens hanging on the neck for a day? :bsmilie:

I am actually quite disappointed that the physical size of EOS 300D is nearly as big as the EOS 10D.

jasonpgc said:
I always see having plastic as a plus point.

Plastic don't Rust or Conduct electricity :p

I think EOS 300D is 30% lighter than EOS 10D mainly because it is plastic. Those who are used to the weight of a EOS 30 hanging on your neck would not find the weight of a EOS 300D too significant. Can we ask a EOS 10D owner how it feel having 790g plus lens hanging on the neck for a day? :bsmilie:

I am actually quite disappointed that the physical size of EOS 300D is nearly as big as the EOS 10D.
Maybe its a 10D in disguise and we just need some firmware crackers to crack it? :bsmilie:

I like metal because....
1) Its tougher and therefore more durable (esp an internal metal structure)
2) U can ding it, but its harder to crack it
3) Gives more weight , which I seem to like (personal preference) to aid stability to a certain extend (700gms is a sweet spot for me)
4) More resistant to wear for very long periods of time (exposure to sweat)..
5) Will not rust (provided its not steel)
6) Looks better ( personal preference ), not important to some, but I do like the metal look.
7) when u walk pass a metal detector , it beeps(jk)
8) U can use it as a weapon if u have to(jk)
9) It conducts electricity so that I know it malfunctions when it does(jk)

I like plastic because...
1) Makes hanging on the neck less of a strain
2) It can take wacks to a certain extend without showing any ding
3) Makes cameras cheaper

I dont blame the 300D for being totally covered with this environmentally degrading material, to be honest. If its metal, I think the 10D will be seriously out of business. Plastic brings the price down for others to enjoy. I believe the 300D performs 99% as well as the 10D for an amatuer hobbyist.

Status
Not open for further replies.