Reasons why photographer go for full frame?

D800X

Mar 6, 2012
Can help me ??

Same reason why people shoot medium format or large format. Larger sensor gives you better dynamic range and give you better defocus background given the same focal length and same aperture.

Another thing is if you are into landscape, your wide angle will stay as wide angle for full frame.

Sure crop sensor do have some wildly wide angle but somehow the quality of it is less of the larger format lenses as far as the details.

But at the end, it is just a personal choice.

Regards,

Hart

Yes, as what Hart say; it is just a personal choice.

lets take a car for an example,
you want to drive to work everyday from Jurong to Katong,
you can drive a Cherry, a Subaru, a Lexus, a Porsche or even a Rolls Royce

they all can bring you from point A to point B, but the journey, the experience, the feel, the look, the maintenance, the cost...etc all are different, only you can decide what you want in the end of the day.

because their family all fat. So need the extra width the Fullframe gives so all can fit into the frame.

because their family all fat. So need the extra width the Fullframe gives so all can fit into the frame.

Another way to look at it is to buy full frame so you will force the family to eat grass, so everyone loses some weight.

I love landscapes... so switching to FF is a natural choice for me. Another thing I like about FF is the better noise control when shooting high ISO (more then 1600).

Hi ts, many photog didnt go full frame either.

There r pro who uses crop too. In fact one of them publish a book n advise that there is no need to go ff. I borrowed that bk from library. Title forgotten.

Oh boy. You've already named yourself D800. Under normal situations like most of us who don't print more than poster sizes or commercial work, cropped works very well & the body is so much lighter to use. However, you can see the difference when the results are published if you go into details. I was on the verge to tryout MF but then Nikon comes out with a 36mp so let's see how it fares.

u win! lol

thought to copy the title that time.. to show ppl who keep saying no pro will use crop.. then laziness came..

but remember when 7D came out? there is a youtube showing a photographer using 7D for fashion..

and the CS guy whom wedding seminar u attend? forgot his nick.. he use ff and crop for his work.. primes lenses on both..

Skye Tan is using D200 (crop) before he switch to MF recently..

Chase Jarvis use lego camera to shoot.

end of the day, buy what u like n can afford or something u can justify... must know to use the right tool for the right job..

for out of focus (tempted to say bokeh again.. ;p) , ff sure win crop.. and for prime lens, ff is still best..

for hi iso, the gap is closing...

but for weight and cost, crop win hands down..

sometimes u need to take lens into consideration too.. say for Canon, the 10-22 lens distortion control is better than its FF versions (17-40 and even 16-35 i think).. so sometimes it is not whether u can afford.. :)

Maybe most beginners are only willing to buy a crop camera, someone's willingness to pay more for full frame can give them a different look which the beginner won't pay for.

Hmm no leh over here noobs start with 5D2 and 50L

should go buy full frame and all the pro lenses,

but after that hor, no money to make prints liao, than go order 4R prints from snapfish lor.