Reasons for quiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

stl

Apr 7, 2002
Visit site
what kind of reason will u put in ur resume on "Reasons for leaving present company"?

a lot. like:

-company is not doing well
-company bankrupted
-company changes business
-contract is due and i dun wanna renew

Originally posted by stl
what kind of reason will u put in ur resume on "Reasons for leaving present company"?

My spouse is also in the same company, so for the sake of the company/company policy/secrey purposes, thou shall sacrifice oneself to leave such haven premises... :D :D :cry:

some suggestions:

1. for personal reasons
2. found greener pastures
3. migrating to Iceland because of the SARs outbreak :D

anyway, to be serious, just saying that you are leaving for personal reasons will be good enough. unless your superior is very nosy.

for my company, it's doing well, and if i want to stay, i can stay for years and years... but me IT line so, still have to change jobs now and then... i was thinking of something like...

- Nothing much to contribute further
- All needs to be learn, have learn liao
- Work not challenging enough
- Sian ah, everyday do the same thing !!! (to be honest hahaha :D )

Originally posted by stl
for my company, it's doing well, and if i want to stay, i can stay for years and years... but me IT line so, still have to change jobs now and then... i was thinking of something like...

- Nothing much to contribute further
- All needs to be learn, have learn liao
- Work not challenging enough
- Sian ah, everyday do the same thing !!! (to be honest hahaha :D )

cannot change job too often... it doesn't reflect well upon yourself. and generally you're more employable if you have many years of experience doing the same ol' boring thing

Originally posted by munfai
cannot change job too often... it doesn't reflect well upon yourself. and generally you're more employable if you have many years of experience doing the same ol' boring thing

true for other countries but in SG employers want you to be able to do everything under IT... :( but then still got to hold on to a job average 2 years lor...

hello i'm new here.. anyway there's no such thing as loyalty nowadays..... even if you are ... the co might be retrenching u first

Originally posted by stl
true for other countries but in SG employers want you to be able to do everything under IT... :( but then still got to hold on to a job average 2 years lor...

If you got a good reason for leaving the previous job, then it's ok.

My first job involved working in a primary school (no, I am not a teacher).

And Kids who come up to you with "Cher, Cher...he beat me..."

After 3 months, I was out.
Many people told me to wait for at least a year, cause empolyers will not hire someone who has worked less than 3 months in his first job. But I decided it was enough.

I think the environment (being the school, the kids, the teachers..etc) did not agree with me.
(no offence to all the those in the teaching profession)

After 15+ years of schools and teachers, I did not want to be in one for my working life.

Though it felt strange to have teachers treating you like a colleague instead of a student for a change.

I just told me next empolyer, I did not like a school environment and wanted a change.

Originally posted by pobell
hello i'm new here.. anyway there's no such thing as loyalty nowadays..... even if you are ... the co might be retrenching u first

it's not so much a question of loyalty... rather it's making your working profile look more stable. trust me, you don't want to look like someone who job-hops in the eyes of the person interviewing you.

it's not so much a question of loyalty... rather it's making your working profile look more stable. trust me, you don't want to look like someone who job-hops in the eyes of the person interviewing you.

If you hop from Microsoft to Oracle to Cisco to Intel to IBM....
Wonder if that helps...

No such luck for me. :embrass:

Originally posted by xin
How about:

"I dun like Ur face, boss...."

or

"Boss, U stink...."

:D

how about:
i was sleeping with the wife of the boss and he found out!:p :p hahaah!

Originally posted by GitS
how about:
i was sleeping with the wife of the boss and he found out!:p :p hahaah!

That's EXACTLY the plot in the movie "The Secret to My Success" played by Michael J. Fox. In this case, the "boss" was his uncle.

An old show repeated many many times.

Originally posted by mahler
If you hop from Microsoft to Oracle to Cisco to Intel to IBM....
Wonder if that helps...

No such luck for me. :embrass:

Actually it does.

Many top CEOs have served in their rival companies before being head-hunted.

Originally posted by Jack_Ryan
pay sucks

Mine too.

And my company will keep repeating... "You all are considered lucky to have a job you know. and the company has not cut your pay."

Status
Not open for further replies.