Reasons for not getting 10D

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) It still has the 1.6x multiplier thingie ie not full frame
2) It only has 7 focus points ( more more)
3) It still a 6.3 megapixel

I was expecting a bit more but I guess thats the way these electronic gadgets are..1 year later more pixels more focus points full frame.....the cycle continues.....

Hopefully it does not have the "Canon 10D not readily available
stocks are scarce" syndrome when it is released in Singapore

Originally posted by epos
1) It still has the 1.6x multiplier thingie ie not full frame
2) It only has 7 focus points ( more more)
3) It still a 6.3 megapixel

want more? look like you will have to look at the 1 series.....

IMO, it is cheaper and better than D60 already....what's more can i ask for?

*OT*

Just wondering... if Canon to a photographer is like Nvidia to a computer geek? :D

Back to topic
My reason for not getting it is...

I'm still way below amateur ranking when it comes to photography. ;)

I am not really familar with canon stuff. However, I am a little excited over the low price of a 10D.

Is there any area that the D60 is superior ro 10D?
How much will the price of a D60(new, if still have) as compare to 10D? 90%? 95%?

Originally posted by binbeto
I am not really familar with canon stuff. However, I am a little excited over the low price of a 10D.

Is there any area that the D60 is superior ro 10D?
How much will the price of a D60(new, if still have) as compare to 10D? 90%? 95%?

Yes, it is going to be cheaper.

no spot metering?

De only reason for not getting a 10D is no $$.
For new DSLR users anyway, its prob pretty cheap and good (cheaper than D60).
:D

I like to leave my MDs inside the camera as much as possible. Too much handling increases the probability of accidents that are fatal to the MD.

Given the price and recency of the camera, it should have at least USB2.0. It is peanuts to canon to upgrade it to USB2.0. All new devices now are USB2.0 also.

sigh.

Originally posted by Red Dawn

Hi java guru

hehe.....i'm shocked. being the guru that u are, u mean u download images directly from the camera?? :cool: :D :devil:

there's such a thing as a FireWire card reader, which will take your CF card and pump data into your pc faster than u can say "public void main()" :)

or try those USB 2.0 card readers.....

Originally posted by Java_Guru
I like to leave my MDs inside the camera as much as possible. Too much handling increases the probability of accidents that are fatal to the MD.

Given the price and recency of the camera, it should have at least USB2.0. It is peanuts to canon to upgrade it to USB2.0. All new devices now are USB2.0 also.

sigh.

external usb 2.0 readers would likely be faster than a usb 2 interface on a camera, especially if you're only using battery power and microdrives are involved.

i find card readers so much more convenient compared to transferring from the camera... don't like leaving the camera lying around.... and btw, i use a usb 1.1 card reader and am happy with the speed ;)

Originally posted by erwinx

external usb 2.0 readers would likely be faster than a usb 2 interface on a camera, especially if you're only using battery power and microdrives are involved.

i find card readers so much more convenient compared to transferring from the camera... don't like leaving the camera lying around.... and btw, i use a usb 1.1 card reader and am happy with the speed ;)

well..he is using MD, not CF

i won't use CF reader if i really use MD.....the more u take out the MD...more likely u will drop it....:what:

Originally posted by Wai

well..he is using MD, not CF

i won't use CF reader if i really use MD.....the more u take out the MD...more likely u will drop it....:what:

Wait till u get your 6 MP baby. The 1 Gig MD fills up quickly even in JPEG. RAW is barely adequate.

Really need that new HItachi 4 Gig MD soon. Supposed to be launch in PMA. :devil:

Originally posted by Red Dawn

Hi java guru

hehe.....i'm shocked. being the guru that u are, u mean u download images directly from the camera?? :cool: :D :devil:

there's such a thing as a FireWire card reader, which will take your CF card and pump data into your pc faster than u can say "public void main()" :)

or try those USB 2.0 card readers.....

:p

btw...Canon Australia website stated that it is using USB2.0

http://www.canon.com.au/products/cameras/digital_slr/eos_10d_specs.html

so it is USB 2 or 1.1??
hmm...i dun really bother actually, i will stick to CF + USB reader

Really need that new HItachi 4 Gig MD soon. Supposed to be launch in PMA. :devil:

wah !!!..how much will that cost ?????:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.