Reasonable pricing for EOS 300?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheechee

Sep 22, 2002
Sengkang
Visit site
Hi.. anyone read thru the ST advert for the EOS300 package promotion? Juz wondering if anyone knows whether the 75-300 lens is a USM version or not. And its market price alone.

The advertised prices is 800 over for the camera+std lens+the telephoto lens. By any means could we get cheaper @ normal camera shops? ard what price for package without QD?

Coz i using EOS500N now, thinking of changing it to EOS300. Izzit worthwhile to upgrade to EOS 300?

Thanks.:devil:

Originally posted by cheechee
Hi.. anyone read thru the ST advert for the EOS300 package promotion? Juz wondering if anyone knows whether the 75-300 lens is a USM version or not. And its market price alone.

The advertised prices is 800 over for the camera+std lens+the telephoto lens. By any means could we get cheaper @ normal camera shops? ard what price for package without QD?

Coz i using EOS500N now, thinking of changing it to EOS300. Izzit worthwhile to upgrade to EOS 300?

Thanks.:devil:

Hi cheechee.

If I'm not wrong, the 'additional bundled' telephoto zoom should be a non-USM type. As for upgrading from EOS 500N to EOS 300, my opinion is that it's not worth the money as the advantages/features over the former are so minor that it does not appear (to me) as an upgrade. If I'm not wrong, the EOS 300 was meant to succeed EOS 500N.
Besides, knowing that Canon will be releasing EOS 300v to replace the good old EOS 300, perhaps that's one of the reasons why the EOS 300 is currently on promotion.

the bundled lens is non-USM. One year ago this promo was about $680, it may be cheaper now. In my opinion it is not worth upgrading from 500 to 300, like adam said, the addition in features is not much.

Hi.. Am asking this coz a guy offer me one @ SGD 450 for the package without QD, with warranty coz he won @ his company lucky draw last saturday.

Izzit a good deal?

Btw, thanks for the reply... ;)

hi cheechee,

i thought u just bought ur EOS 500N not too long along (in fact less than a month). why thinking of upgrading SO soon?

p.s. i'm the photo-chair of PVS

Hi.. Am asking this coz a guy offer me one @ SGD 450 for the package without QD, with warranty coz he won @ his company lucky draw last saturday.

Izzit a good deal?

chee chee,

$450 for exactly the same package (in mint condition) with the same warrenty is very worth it especially for amateurs who are just starting out in photography and getting their first camera.

If you get that package, what are you going to do with your EOS 500N system? Donate to PVS? Hee.

If you manage to sell your EOS 500N Kit, I guess $450 is a very good bargain and since you got your EOS 500N Kit at 2nd-hand, the depreciation would be minimal. An important factor is whether you can sell your current system.

However, do check out the condition and all the functions of the new package if you are getting it!

Cheers :)

Izzit a good deal?

Hi cheechee,

I saw that offer too and is actually considering it. BUt i was told that the lenses are not really that fantastic.

Originally posted by Bean

chee chee,

$450 for exactly the same package (in mint condition) with the same warrenty is very worth it especially for amateurs who are just starting out in photography and getting their first camera.

If you get that package, what are you going to do with your EOS 500N system? Donate to PVS? Hee.

If you manage to sell your EOS 500N Kit, I guess $450 is a very good bargain and since you got your EOS 500N Kit at 2nd-hand, the depreciation would be minimal. An important factor is whether you can sell your current system.

However, do check out the condition and all the functions of the new package if you are getting it!

Cheers :)

Bean,

Thanks for the suggestion. Now in progress to sell my EOS500N, but anyway, from my experiance using that particular camera, though it is 2nd hand, it is pretty nice and pleasant to use. Though sometimes it took some extra seconds to auto focus under certain condition and distance. Overall, it is good.

Kinda tempted coz 450SGD for the new EOS300, haha.. Poor student. So need to ctrl budget and buy this affordable one. Sigh..
If not definitely i will get the EOS30 instead...bobian :dunno:

Comparitively, could EOS300 outperform Nikon F60?

Falcon,

Ya. I agree too. Heard that the 300mm lens is not that up to std and is a cheap one too...

hihi wanna my old eos50? shd still be faster than a 300...
LOL I got a 75-300 USM too...

anyway the 75-300 III/USM/IS all same optics... unless u buy some L equivalent then can't really complain...

hi mervlam u PVS head ah? cool
got activities MUST update webpage leh...
where's the stanley lab ah? can pm me the rates for 4R hehe

Originally posted by mervlam
hi cheechee,

i thought u just bought ur EOS 500N not too long along (in fact less than a month). why thinking of upgrading SO soon?

p.s. i'm the photo-chair of PVS

haha... bobian... going to the dark side:devil: equipment:devil:

Feel happy with the EOS500N, juz that this guy offer for such new and better EOS300 a bit tempting... sigh.... Spend money again.

Originally posted by denizenx
hihi wanna my old eos50? shd still be faster than a 300...
LOL I got a 75-300 USM too...

anyway the 75-300 III/USM/IS all same optics... unless u buy some L equivalent then can't really complain...

hi mervlam u PVS head ah? cool
got activities MUST update webpage leh...
where's the stanley lab ah? can pm me the rates for 4R hehe

ermm... sorry, i am only the Photography Chairperson (equiavalent of a secretary in charge of photography matters only), not the President. Thus website dont fall under my control. thanks for ur feedback. i will inform the person-in-charge ;)

Feel happy with the EOS500N, juz that this guy offer for such new and better EOS300 a bit tempting... sigh.... Spend money again.

I think u better act fast. Such good offer if it is not a hoax will have a long queue.

Seems like i am the first to call him few days before.
In progress of selling my old eos500n... so this eos300 guy better not put me aeroplane.. HAhaha :D

Bad thing is my fren suddenly send me two different site with reviews on EOS 300....

The site with lots of bad reviews
http://www.photozone.de/2Equipment/review/10013.htm

The site with almost very nice reviews

http://www.photographyreview.com/pscCameras/35mm/Canon,EOS,Rebel,2000-EOS,300/PRD_83218_3105crx.aspx

Arrgghhhh.... Both is like total extreme, either giving too bad a review or giving too nice....

What do you all think?:eek:

Isn't that you are in the dark side liao.... with eos500n???

Status
Not open for further replies.