Reasonable deal for D90?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tantalus

Jul 1, 2009
Hi all, went around Funan and Sim Lim today to scout for D 90.

Most of the well known shops like Alan Photos and John 3: 16 no longer have stock.
Bumped in at Vision 1 over at Burlington Sq and was offered the following. Wondering if its reasonable:

1. D 90 with 18 -105 lens, comes with
i) Standard Black Nikon bag (looks like leather but highly doubt so)
ii) Standard tripod
iii) 4 gb SD HC Card (was offered 8 gb for $10 more)
Price quoted $1765/- (incl GST)

2. Was also offered Vitacon 67mm ultra slim 1mm UV filter for additional $40

From my rounds it seems tt most other shops are selling at 1670 to 1690 (just body and lens). The sales person seems friendly and not pushy, unlike some of the other characters I came accross at Sim Lim.
Hopefullly I can get a sensing before making the purchase. Thanks!

ii) Standard tripod

1 piece of advice. Do not buy the filters

Have you also tried Lord's at Lucky Plaza? They're established shop as well. I just got my D90 last week. Can look for Raymond.

Most of the well known shops like Alan Photos and John 3: 16 no longer have stock.
Bumped in at Vision 1 over at Burlington Sq and was offered the following. Wondering if its reasonable:

ii) Standard tripod

From my rounds it seems tt most other shops are selling at 1670 to 1690 (just body and lens). The sales person seems friendly and not pushy, unlike some of the other characters I came accross at Sim Lim.

1) standard black nikon bag .. i think its the synthetic leather bag .
ii) standard tripod.. quite normal
iii) some places give 8gb. depends on your luck

2) DONT get the filter. that brand of filter is worth less than $20 if i remember rightly.

try Lords or MS colour at AMK

TK foto at shaw has at least 1 D90 kit. If you are interested i can go down with you, i also need to get some other stuff from TK!

ii) Standard tripod

the bag is not really worth alot, but it's rather standard.

don't get the filter.

if you think the price is not suitable or you don't trust them,

check out consumer's corner for other shops to visit with good reputation for keeping their prices standard.

Lord's, John 3:16 are few of the ones i'm talking about.

Thanks all for your inputs. I'll continue to look around for while more then. At least, I won't kena tricked with "special offers" upon purchase like the filter thingy! cheers!

If can get at about $1650 to $1670 just grab lor....but $17xx for those extras are not worth it.

U can get a Murami MC filter 67mm at Mass Sale section for $20+, the filter has a good review and cheap too.

If can get at about $1650 to $1670 just grab lor....but $17xx for those extras are not worth it.

U can get a Murami MC filter 67mm at Mass Sale section for $20+, the filter has a good review and cheap too.

Waaa D90 still no stock all over singapore ar? I really don't want to buy from one of those chop head stores.

filter too ex la... 40+? OMG... call up MS color... they shld hv stock... good luck...;)

haizzz...went to MS colour like 6 times liao...all the time no stock...been on their waiting list for very long already...also checked out the recommended shops like John 3:16 & AP...same story...will keep on lookin :)

maybe u shld try simlim =X or cathay photo

Sim Lim? That's asking for getting cheated. Only Orient Photo there gets my vote. Alan gets mixed feedback and the rest of the so-called cameras shops .. better don't get any closer.
If you insist on a filter get Hoya, nothing below. But better skip it, read up and get it later once you know what to get. Never accept such items just because the shop has the last piece of camera. Nothing to hurry for. Some shops always state "last piece"...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.