Rear sync curtain flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

kive

Sep 7, 2005
Katong
hi all, wonder if anyone can help me out to set rear sync curtain flash setting for my canon speedlite 430ex, its mounted on my canon 20d which i juz bought. been looking at the manual but been no avail.

pls englighten me whether is it n/a for my flash to do such a setting?

Got this from Steve digicam webpage:

Custom Function Menu:

15. Shutter curtain sync
0 - 1st curtain sync
1 - 2nd curtain sync

Hope this helps.

It is the 3rd button from the left.

There are 3 triangles pointing to the left, with the 3rd one colored black. Hit the button until the LCD displays the 3 triangles. That is the symbol for 2nd curtain sync.

ortega said:
i believe it is set on the flash and not the camera

I know mine is
On My D70s is on the camera body.

Press the flash button and select the mode.

Regards,
Arto.

hondasleeper said:
It is the 3rd button from the left.

There are 3 triangles pointing to the left, with the 3rd one colored black. Hit the button until the LCD displays the 3 triangles. That is the symbol for 2nd curtain sync.

thanx alot honda, got it never know it's also call 2nd curtain sync hee. thanx guys you all have been great help :)

p.s smtan24: I tired to set the camera C.fn function to 1, but doesnt work, onli work the way honda advice. hope to share this with you also ;)

kive said:
thanx alot honda, got it never know it's also call 2nd curtain sync hee. thanx guys you all have been great help :)

p.s smtan24: I tired to set the camera C.fn function to 1, but doesnt work, onli work the way honda advice. hope to share this with you also ;)

You are most welcome.

Artosoft: I am sure it must have been an oversight, but you are talking about 2 totally different systems. He was asking about the Canon flash NOT the Nikon flash.

hondasleeper said:
You are most welcome.

Artosoft: I am sure it must have been an oversight, but you are talking about 2 totally different systems. He was asking about the Canon flash NOT the Nikon flash.
I know. If C is different in implemented rear sync curtain flash, then I prefer N system ;) . More convenient for me.

It is just my opinion.

Regards,
Arto.

Artosoft said:
I know. If C is different in implemented rear sync curtain flash, then I prefer N system ;) . More convenient for me.

It is just my opinion.

Regards,
Arto.

Then why are you posting useless information when the guy clearly was asking about the CANON flash not the Nikon flash?

It doesn't matter whether you prefer it or not, he asked a specific question about a specific piece of equipment, and you come in and post something totally out of context.

That's how topics get off topic, it is because of people like you that post totally useless and irrelevant nonsense. Like asking a question about a BMW, but you come in and say that you drive a Honda and this is how it works on your Honda.

2 totally different cars, different layouts, but serve the same function. 2 different camera systems, different layouts but also serve the same function, is to take pictures.

Please post relevant answers to the relevant questions asked.

hondasleeper said:
Then why are you posting useless information when the guy clearly was asking about the CANON flash not the Nikon flash?
It is not totally useless. In public forums like this, not only C people read. N people may read as well. It is General forum, not C sub forum.
hondasleeper said:
It doesn't matter whether you prefer it or not, he asked a specific question about a specific piece of equipment, and you come in and post something totally out of context.
I say I prefer it because "It is just my opinion."
hondasleeper said:
That's how topics get off topic, it is because of people like you that post totally useless and irrelevant nonsense. Like asking a question about a BMW, but you come in and say that you drive a Honda and this is how it works on your Honda.
In some degree it may help some. How do you know it is totally useless?
hondasleeper said:
2 totally different cars, different layouts, but serve the same function. 2 different camera systems, different layouts but also serve the same function, is to take pictures.

Please post relevant answers to the relevant questions asked.
You explain already, 2 different camera, serve same function to take picture. That's how it work on N system. No harm to learn others right ;) . I am not say which one is better than which one. I only say "I prefer... it is just my opinion"

Regards,
Arto.

Artosoft said:
It is not totally useless. In public forums like this, not only C people read. N people may read as well. It is General forum, not C sub forum.

He asked a SPECIFIC question about the Canon flash.

Your opinion has no bearing on what was asked.

You explain already, 2 different camera, serve same function to take picture. That's how it work on N system. No harm to learn others right ;) . I am not say which one is better than which one. I only say "I prefer... it is just my opinion"

It WAS "totally useless", because it wasn't what was asked. You can state your own opinion but, but as I have said, it has and does not have any bearing on what was asked. Maybe if you read the question alittle bit closer you just might get it, as it stands right now, you obviously don't.

Well, whatever, I am not going to waste anymore of my time dwelling and arguing on your preference, skill and knowledge about Nikon.

Maybe next time if I have a question about my Profoto Acute 2 powerpack, I can ask you, since you have a Nikon flash. It is a flash after all right?

I am not trying to turn this into a Canon vs Nikon thing, it has got nothing to do with it.

hondasleeper said:
Artosoft said:

He asked a SPECIFIC question about the Canon flash.

Your opinion has no bearing on what was asked.

It WAS "totally useless", because it wasn't what was asked. You can state your own opinion but, but as I have said, it has and does not have any bearing on what was asked. Maybe if you read the question alittle bit closer you just might get it, as it stands right now, you obviously don't.

Well, whatever, I am not going to waste anymore of my time dwelling and arguing on your preference, skill and knowledge about Nikon.

Maybe next time if I have a question about my Profoto Acute 2 powerpack, I can ask you, since you have a Nikon flash. It is a flash after all right?

I am not trying to turn this into a Canon vs Nikon thing, it has got nothing to do with it.
For you maybe "totally useless".

I am learn something about C flash system :vhappy: .

Regards,
Arto.

Well, good for you that you have learned something about Canon flashes, maybe you can apply that knowledge to using your Nikon flash.

Maybe in future you could post something that is intelligent, if that is at all possible, and relevant to the topic at hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.